Thread Tools
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:24 AM
monitor is offline
Find More Posts by monitor
I love the smell of 100LL
monitor's Avatar

Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2


The original thread can be located here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377311

I thought the first one was getting pretty large since it was taking people days to read through it.

To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.

I hope you enjoy it.

Monitor

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:45 AM
JimNM is offline
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Nice video What is your elevation abouve sea level where you took the film?

JimNM
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:47 AM
LareeRudee is offline
Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Registered User

Did YOU just "start something"???


Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
................To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.
I hope you enjoy it.
Monitor https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
OK, did you "just start something"??? or am I a "late comer" and missed all the fun earlier?????

The video is very interesting, but now wondering about the camera; (if this HAS been discussed before, refer me back (with apologies).....

Is cam currently avail??? where? weight?? how mounted (esp on wing(s)??)

I have a friend who has PZ P-51 but I'm not skilled enough to fly these yet.

Thanks for making this post.

LarryR
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:55 AM
MGBGTRacer is offline
Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
RCAPA #005
MGBGTRacer's Avatar
I bought the same camera, but not having the nice results you are. That was the best in-flight movie I've seen on this site so far.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:48 AM
LareeRudee is offline
Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Registered User

for Kingston


Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
for Kingston: (on the Stryker vs P-51 decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
wanna follow you and see how you DO it...................I won't say anymore HERE either in respect for the P-51 theme.
LarryR
kingston, read your PM's (private mail).

sorry guys

LarryR
Old Sep 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
monitor is offline
Find More Posts by monitor
I love the smell of 100LL
monitor's Avatar
Not sure what you are asking when you say, "did you "just start something"???" I started the original thread and have seen several people commenting on the size, so I thought I would just start a new one much like the stryker guys did.

The camera is an Octave Multipod 5-in-1. It records 6 minutes of video at the resolution shown, and 12 minutes at half that resulution. It also takes pictures, sound recordings, and can act as a small usb hard drive.

The camera is currently available all over the place. It weighs very little and that makes mounting it relatively easy after I recieved a tip from bomberguy. His suggestion works perfectly: take that purple painters tape and put that on the wing (or wherever) to protect the paint. Then put a good strip of velcro on the tape and your camera. When you are done, you can just remove the painter tape without any damage. The camera on the wing worked well because I put a similar size and weight wood block on the opposite wing in order to keep everything in balance. The roll rate was a bit slower with the additional mass at the wingtips, but I swear it seemed to have better slow speed handling with the improvised "winglets"

When the camera was mounted in the side, the drag was a bit more, and yaw was apparent as well, but the view makes up for that I think.

Any more informaiton needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
OK, did you "just start something"??? or am I a "late comer" and missed all the fun earlier?????

The video is very interesting, but now wondering about the camera; (if this HAS been discussed before, refer me back (with apologies).....

Is cam currently avail??? where? weight?? how mounted (esp on wing(s)??)

I have a friend who has PZ P-51 but I'm not skilled enough to fly these yet.

Thanks for making this post.

LarryR
Old Sep 21, 2005, 01:59 PM
monitor is offline
Find More Posts by monitor
I love the smell of 100LL
monitor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM
Nice video What is your elevation abouve sea level where you took the film?

JimNM
620 ft above sea level. Thanks for the compliment.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:02 PM
monitor is offline
Find More Posts by monitor
I love the smell of 100LL
monitor's Avatar
Wow that is nice to say. I really tried to make it fun to watch. I have over an hour of inflight videos and it is hard to narrow it down to 3 minutes. If anyone has suggestions as to what they would like to see, I could put the footage in another video that I am starting to make.

MGBGTRacer, if you need help mounting your camera let me know or check out my post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
I bought the same camera, but not having the nice results you are. That was the best in-flight movie I've seen on this site so far.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
T-Fly is offline
Find More Posts by T-Fly
Registered User
T-Fly's Avatar
Monitor, that might just be the coolest video out there.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 05:31 PM
lowdive is offline
Find More Posts by lowdive
Registered User
lowdive's Avatar
it's been said, just not enough! that's one awesome video! love the era fx you used and that music!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 06:08 PM
babblefish is offline
Find More Posts by babblefish
Yes, that is Jamie
babblefish's Avatar

Good news for PZ P-51D Fans!


Not sure if this is already old news, but the Parkzone P-51D is now available as an ARF, P.N. PKZ1570. Street price should be around $100.

It includes the entire painted and stickered airframe (including pilot) with pushrods already installed. Unfortunately, it also includes the stock motor, gearbox and prop.

Not included are: Transmitter, receiver/ESC unit, servos, battery and charger.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:26 PM
68ss350 is offline
Find More Posts by 68ss350
Registered User

Great Video


Monitor:

Absolutely amazing!!! That video took me back to watching those newsreels of WWII history. Looked like one of the period pieces of propoganda films our gov't made to rally support for the troops. The editing was great, and the theme music couldn't have been more appropriate! Great job! Even the wife was impressed
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:36 PM
monitor is offline
Find More Posts by monitor
I love the smell of 100LL
monitor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ss350
Monitor:

Absolutely amazing!!! That video took me back to watching those newsreels of WWII history. Looked like one of the period pieces of propoganda films our gov't made to rally support for the troops. The editing was great, and the theme music couldn't have been more appropriate! Great job! Even the wife was impressed
EXACACTLY!!!

Over the weekend I dug out some tapes I have of training videos made for G.I.'s back in the late 30's early 40's, and I tried to get the same look in my video. Some of the commentary of those training films is quite interesting to say the least.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 09:55 PM
dribbe is offline
Find More Posts by dribbe
dribbe's Avatar
Very cool videos... Congratulations from the crew at ParkZone!

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
The original thread can be located here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377311

I thought the first one was getting pretty large since it was taking people days to read through it.

To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.

I hope you enjoy it.

Monitor

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:49 PM
Ferocious Franki is offline
Find More Posts by Ferocious Franki
Registered User
Ferocious Franki's Avatar
That is a beautiful video. You just about showed every angle.


Beautiful! I think Parkzone should use this video on the website.

Just awesome!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Official Parkzone P-51 Owner's Thread Part 2 Ferocious Franki Parkflyers 15 Apr 02, 2014 12:22 PM
Sold 2 qty. Parkzone P-51 / FW-190 nimh batteries, $20.00 niner555 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Sep 06, 2006 07:17 AM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 10:02 PM
Parkzone P-51D Mustang RTF-Part 2 Spencer J Parkflyers 128 Jun 12, 2005 12:53 AM
MM P-38 Build Thread - Part 2 jamesgood72 Parkflyers 514 May 11, 2005 11:52 AM