Sep 12, 2005, 12:05 PM
Thread OP

Best 2 meter Comp Glider around $500.00

Suggestions, opinions about 2 meter TD comp sailplane. I just joined
Central Arizona Soaring League and I am in the market for this size of
glider. Spider, Blade, Pulsar, Mini Graphite, etc?

Mike Bower
Chandler Az.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2005, 07:40 PM
What's wrong with heavy?
One that used to be listed by NSP is no longer there.
Sal's "Lazer 2MC" has been highly regarded but I think the "Organic" is at the top of the 2M pile right now.

The Organic can be found at:
http://www.aero-model.com/fvkpartslist.aspx
Sep 13, 2005, 07:53 PM
aka ben wilson

Organic

The Organic was the best-represented 2-meter at the NATS this year and is imported by Kennedy Composites. I've flown one myself and I like it quite a bit -- it launches high and strong, but is a v-tail. Very light as well. MH32 airfoil. Requires a bit of wing shimming to get it "just right" (that comes from both Gordy Stahl and Ed Wilson). Can't remember where the shim went, as it wasn't my plane. I think it was the LE.

Larry Jolly, Ed Wilson, Gordy Stahl, Jo Grini and many, many others flew Organics at the NATS. Daryl Perkins lost his Lazer 2M in the corn/beans.

Ducks were very well represented as well, and rumour has it that they are again being produced up north in small quantities. Send a note out on the RCSE if you want to find one...

Now is probably a good time to find a used 2M, as the NATS has just passed and according to many pilots I spoke w/ at the NATS - that is the only time they fly 2M!
Sep 14, 2005, 11:42 AM

organics not best represented

if you really looked at Muncie there were probably more 2 meter Ducks flying than any other model.. probably closely followed by Mantis, organics, and laser/fazer types..

Bad part with Ducks is they are VERY hard to come by.. 4-5 built per year lately. might have better luck with the 2 meter mantis.. given a little lead time Phil can usually get one out.. reasonable price too and they fly well..
Sep 14, 2005, 12:23 PM
The Magician.
Yup, I do believe that I saw more Ducks than any other single 2M at the NATS...

Justin Ammon
Saddly missing my 2M V-tail Image...JK...No I'm not!!!
Sep 14, 2005, 01:14 PM
DrCarter
A good used Banshee is a great plane. It will out-launch just about anything.
Sep 14, 2005, 03:30 PM
yeah, maybe a 2m image cross tail, ryan
Sep 14, 2005, 09:01 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
I have a 2M Mantis RTF....

Send me a PM if interested
Sep 19, 2005, 06:32 PM
Club SOAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Archer
yeah, maybe a 2m image cross tail, ryan
Probably the best 2m out there, but not for $500 or less...
Sep 19, 2005, 07:09 PM

2m less than 500

Try the Apex2m from M&S Models www.mandsmodels.com
Sep 22, 2005, 02:46 PM
Thread OP
I haven't been on the forum for a while, so I missed two great deal from Doc and
Rick. I ended up buying a new Spider (white/ red) from Soaring USA. I wanted a
strong, fast, versitile Glider. Thanks for all the great info...

Mike Bower
Sep 26, 2005, 03:31 PM
Will someone please email me at [email protected] and tell me more about this duck 2 meter...who makes them and how to contact them? Thanks. David

Quick Reply