3d amos moses - Page 249 - RC Groups
May 22, 2008, 11:07 PM
is it flying time?
Ewo,

I am guessing here, Tiger II?

Tog,

I think that you will love the new job and I hope that things all work out. I am going to miss you being at BP, the place just won't be the same without you. You are the last of the people that I have known personally at BP. Got one of the E-Sky 2.4 radios to play with, works great, just wish it had expo for my indoor 3D stuff. I removed the case from the receiver and it now weighs 5.5 grams.

Jerry
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2008, 09:22 PM
ewo
ewo
Well now. Looks like things are going to be slowing down here shortly......
For a while at least . I bought this barn kit from lows and put it togeather last weekend with a couple friends of mine. It looked great till we got down to installing the roof decking. Off 2" at the left right corner and almost 4 inches at the left front corner !!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, Howd that happen?? Coulda been the Beer i guess

Anyways i put a tarp on it till this weekend, Sharon and i took it back apart and found the right wall had dropped over 3 inch's at the back.........
I guess the more weight we put on it the more outa kilter it became.

Long story short. I have it all back square and almost compleetly done.
Just a couple trim pieces and paint and this is done THANK GOODNESS.
What a pain it was.

No Jerry....... Not a Tiger two

Its an all foam rendition of a Bee-Tween. There was a full size pull out plan in model airplane news about 15 years ago. I built many of them from balsa back then.
In fact it was my first ever scratch built airplane and was a joy to fly with a cox o49

The plans are still available And i will post the link shortly if you wish to buy the plan....Ok hears the store bought plan https://secure.rcstore.com/pcd/eServ...aVN1YlRlcm09MA==
Me i had the plan and couldnt bring myself to buy it. So i drew my own plans using memory and pictures i found on the internet. After all, it was a free pull out plan. I just lost my copy when i moved
May 27, 2008, 07:30 PM
is it flying time?
Ewo,

I don't think I ever saw the Bee-Tween but then I was out of modeling at that time frame. Nice looking barn, looks a lot like my shop. I started out with a small barn and insulated it and wired it and added heat and air, makes a nice shop although a little cramped for room.

Jerry
May 27, 2008, 07:57 PM
Chillin till SEFF
I'm in the market for a barn myself. How much that set you back EWO? If it's not a secret. Looks to be just what i need to clear out my garage.

Also, I see you have a floor kit in it. Will that support a John Deere about the size of your mower?
May 29, 2008, 08:19 PM
ewo
ewo
I paid 998+ tax for the shed kit plus 130$ for roofing ,17 $ extra for extra floor joist
70 bucks for delivery. The floor Kit is included but the floor joist are on 24" centers
you need to add 5 treated floor joists to make them 12" on center. Well worth the extra 17 Bucks i spent.........
Its called a Rainier or something like that.
It is 10'x10'x10'

It will hold the John Deer without a problem if you add the extra floor joist like i did.

I like it way better than my little metal shed i keep hurting my head walking in or out of.....

I think you can get it delivered and setup on your property for 1,600.00 including the roofing material At least thats what theye quoted me, or close to it.

Only thing i dont like is the wall studs are 2x3 instead of 2x4.....
But im happy anyways

ewo
May 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Thanks EWO. I need to go ahead and invest in one but like my Dad says,
"I'm tighter than Dick's hat band". Hate spending that money.

I've got 3 sheets of depron still leaning against my bench and really need to do something with them. Been thinking about buying a foamy kit but just may have to cut another Amos variation.
May 29, 2008, 08:48 PM
ewo
ewo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Thanks EWO. I need to go ahead and invest in one but like my Dad says,
"I'm tighter than Dick's hat band". Hate spending that money.

I've got 3 sheets of depron still leaning against my bench and really need to do something with them. Been thinking about buying a foamy kit but just may have to cut another Amos variation.
You Know , I hated spending the money too.
But i was tired of going into that little metal shed to get a shovell , or the tractor and coming out with knots on my head.......

I kept the little one. but its for stuff i dont need that much.

Im thinking of making plans for a E-3d-Gee-Bee

ewo
May 29, 2008, 09:06 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Sounds interesting. I'm just looking for a foamy to get my sticks tuned up and experiment with. These big expensive balsa birds don't bounce very well.
May 30, 2008, 06:26 AM
Wizard
Hello Guys,

I'm interested in 3d and tought this plane could be a good start. So far I have flown strachbuild planes only, f22 depron and funder&lightning, you guys must be familiar with those.

I've hextronic 24 gr motor (1300 kv), claimed 400gr push with 8x4 on 3 cell. I'll use 350 mah 3 cell and 9 gr 12 amp esc. 5 or 9 gr servos. Spectrum dx7 for radio.

I'll try the easiest build, Amos in 1st page, What wingspan I should go for with my mentioned electronics?

Regards,

MercyK
May 30, 2008, 07:03 AM
Foam rules
MerceyK, print out a 32" which is 812mm span and you should be fine if using depron for the build. It should come in around or under 7oz or 198 grams if using 6mm depron and the 5 gram servos. You'll have a blast.

Well got the word yesterday I start the new job for sure on the 16th. Now eat you guys heart out, it with the gov, designing, building and flying.....

U
A
V's

Talk about your dream job. And you thought working for BP was a dream job.
May 30, 2008, 05:08 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Which ones and for who you working TOG? Maybe I'll see you around the world.
May 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
is it flying time?
Hey Tog, Glad you got the job, it should be right down your alley and more $$$$ for foamies!

Jerry
May 31, 2008, 06:47 PM
ewo
ewo
Man , What a great DAY !

Wind 15 to 20 gusting to 25....... Sunny and a cool 85 Deg.
This has been the nicest day i can remember for a long time. Didnt hit a lick today.....
First weekend in 3 months i have had to myself and didnt do anything. Just sat back and enjoyed the weather!

Tog. good you finally got your dream Job.........

But aint that what we do here on the forum like"everyday"???
I guess the kicker is the paycheck.............
Great luck to you, Im happy for you ................

ewo
Jun 01, 2008, 10:28 PM
Good luck with the new job, sounds like fun

I wanted to show my newest amos, this time 3D and lit up!!

I tried to get some video of it at night, but it did not show up well, may try to post it anyway.

Body is all 3mm, wings 2 layers of 3mm with a 6mm CF spar in the middle, horizontal stab 2 3mm layers with led's between, all control surfaces are 6mm.
Jun 02, 2008, 01:21 AM
man that plane looks awesome for night flight. hello everybody ive got a question about the amos. i want to know what the ideal size this plane is for indoor and moderate outdoor full 3d flight? what is the wingspan and do u guys have the tiled plans or even the full sheet plans. any help. i really want to build one for the gym and for the front yard. i will be building out of bluecore any recomendations?