New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2002, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by Fokker
R/C Dummy

Catching thermals with a Sky Scooter

Wow! What a blast I had this afternoon! Left work a bit early - around 3pm - and stopped by a local church. They have an overflow parking lot across the street from the church. Behind the parking lot is a several acre field.

Threw the Scooter into the field for a quick flight. Turned and flew across the parking lot and noticed how much easier the Scooter climbed. So I stayed over the parking lot, circling and climbing.

I got the Scooter to around 150' up then turned back into the field, nosed down a tad and managed to pull two rolls and a loop out of it! That looked great!

Went back over the parking lot, rode the thermal up again, then just throttled back a little and enjoyed a lazy ride back down.

I've had my Scooter for several months now, but this was easily the best flight I've had so far. Looks like a fun summer ahead!

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2002, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by tekochip
Congrats Fokker! I love to steal a little energy when I can too. I haven't been able to climb off power yet, but Ray (my Scooter) will speck out.
Old May 09, 2002, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by Fokker
R/C Dummy
Thanks, I tried again today but it was too overcast. Well, any flight is a good flight.