Let's see your boats - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2003, 11:08 AM
Edina Model Yacht Club

Street Car Boat

Unique to this area, 6 were built by the Minneapolis Street Car Company in 1906. All were scrapped or sunk in the mid 1920's.
One was salvaged in 1980 from the lake bottom and rebuilt by the Minnesota Transportation Museum.
Model is scratch built, done in "G" scale and 42 inches long.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2003, 11:10 AM
Edina Model Yacht Club

Gentleman's Racer

Here is a Dumas Triple Cockpit Barrell Back, converted to a "Gentleman's" racer.
Jan 08, 2003, 11:11 AM
Edina Model Yacht Club

Full View

Here it is running
Jan 10, 2003, 04:52 AM
Hor Hay
(spanish for george)
my fellow boat builder.
awsome boats. I like.
standing beside myself.
Jan 10, 2003, 10:02 AM
Kapos. Did you follow the link to MY Sea Maid in my earlier post (about three pages back)?

So far yours is the only one I've seen built besides my own...

I'm especially proud of my steering stern-drive...

Jan 13, 2003, 02:39 PM
太刀風

INS Alfredo Oriani

The Combat Warship INS Alfredo Oriani in 1/72nd scale. This after an unfortunate encounter with the heavy cruiser USS Louisville.
Repair work to patch the hull and dry out the guns took an hour and the boat returned to combat.
Jan 15, 2003, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Kapos. Did you follow the link to MY Sea Maid in my earlier post (about three pages back)?
Phil G,
Yes sir. Saw your SeaMaid. And yours is only one Ive seen.
Maybe sterling only sold 2 .
Alot of MACK marine hardware in mine. Just saw their site
recently and they are still very reasonably priced. Compared
to Dumas, HL and others. I stuck to the box cover as much
as I could on that boat. Glad I did now.
kapos
Jan 15, 2003, 10:14 AM
I had to leave the Mahogany natural. Mine has three (in some places four) coats of Spar Varnish.

Lots of sanding on that one.

Wonderful little boat. Had I known better I'd have tried something else for a first-wood-boat though!

Last edited by Phil G; Jan 15, 2003 at 03:37 PM.
Feb 24, 2003, 05:27 AM

colin archer

Hi Vett,

I am a new comer for scale boat modelling and I have bought the colin archer.

Do you mind send me information on how you do up the sail control using the winch ?

this is the challenging part I believe that prevent me from moving forward.

thanks
Apr 16, 2003, 03:43 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
While other projects sit waiting for attention, I have started yet another new project.

Japanese T103 LST

Here are the Plans so far.
Apr 17, 2003, 06:50 PM
太刀風

Captain's Launch

I have taken the innards out of a cheap remote control mouse ( a bad Bit Char knock off) and will be placing it into the Captain's Launch for the heavy French cruiser submarine FNS Surcouf that I am constructing in 1/72nd scale. Just one of those crazy ideas that you get when you see something an you go Hmmm!
Apr 23, 2003, 08:10 PM
Just wanted to add a few pics of some of my "holes in the water". I've got interests on R/C land sea and air, and I love them all. Here's a Midwest Coast Guard Motor Launch a la Rudderman 98 (though I didn't approach his attention to detail):
Apr 23, 2003, 08:11 PM
And another...
Apr 23, 2003, 08:13 PM
I also built a Victor Models 1M-class yact "Stars & Stripes", but I painted it in the scheme of the yacht "Geronimo" from the movie, Wind. It sails Great
Last edited by LEROY; Apr 24, 2003 at 08:17 AM.
Apr 24, 2003, 03:14 AM
Very nice, crisp models Leroy.

Although I do the opposite to these (I like them to look rusty and well used/beat-up), I appreciate models so well presented.

I too enjoy building and using surface and airborne models.

Our local pond is surrounded by trees so the next 'boat' will be a grounded - or rather , watered - electric seaplane. Probably a Catalina.

Meanwhile I'll post some pics in the next few days of the Christmas models I promised earlier in this thread.

Tony