Let's see your boats - Page 3 - RC Groups
Dec 12, 2002, 12:12 AM
1;72 Tyco that's really big
I'd say too big for easy transporting.
I also have a 1;32 Type 7 For her I made a transport Crate and tied it to the Roof rack 80 camaro. Also I had wheels on the crate so rolling to the water was easier. Mind ya there was no worries of stuff shaking loose on a sub from handeling.
How ya gonna handle it?
I also Have a 1;96 DDG
Video CAm live bridge view. 8 firing flash paper tubes. Anchor. Nav and Deck lights. But she's a Dust collector for now.
Flying is taken frount row. A Good buddy is
Dooing "Cowpens" in 1;96 and North Carolina
His USCG Bear is a perfect size for the Car and Pond. Hmmm he's also Flying.
My finished FFG-16 is a Good size and can handle some weather. First hull breach is at top deck seam.
Which is good cause I like to take her out on
less then Quiet sunny days.
Keep up the Posts
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2002, 12:18 AM
kap64
May I suggest a Buckling hull skin. In you're Size it's a Good detail Addon. Pain in the butt to do.

Did it to the DDG-53 and it's so eye grabbing! I love it.
Dec 12, 2002, 11:30 PM
Yes, it's very large. I'm pondering over a roof rack and box, or just waiting for a friend with a pick-up truck. Living in NC, there's water everywhere, but most of the good areas are on private land. I work on a military base which has a couple of pretty large lakes, but I have to find out if it's ok to operate r/c on base. I'm sad to say that mine will probably become a dust collector after finding out how much trouble it may be to transport. Even more sad, is I'd like to build a Burke class DDG and a Spruance class DDG. Do you have pics of your FFG? I had planned on USS Nicholson, but when they came to port for public tours, they wouldn't let anyone take pictures, even from the outside. This hit me as odd. This was before 9-11. I had no problem getting all of the pics I wanted on the Burke and Tico class ships.
Dec 13, 2002, 01:38 AM
No Pics Eh? Odd.
Have you checked into SeaPhoto.com? They have good colours photo packs for most Classes.
B9/11 I got aboard a few ships by showing them a pic of my model, and explaining what I wanted to do. Bang I got 3 private tours doing that pics all the way. Not anymore. Better safe then Sorry but give me a break!
My FFG is back on pg 1or 2 Hmmm.
Later on the DDG Pic
Dec 13, 2002, 09:09 PM
I had the same luck with the Tico and Burkes at Norfolk. I managed almost 400 pics of the Tico and over 250 on a couple of Burkes, including the brand new Oscar Austin the weekend of the commissioning. There was the standard tour, but when I pleaded my model building case, the sailor said I could go ahead in the off limits area, but "hurry up".
Last edited by kap64; Dec 13, 2002 at 09:11 PM.
Dec 16, 2002, 07:47 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Nice ferryboat 3Nero!

Here's my HO scale Washington State Super Class Ferry Boat

R/c Combat
http://modelsminiatures.com/
Last edited by Umi_Ryuzuki; May 17, 2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: updated links
Dec 17, 2002, 12:52 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
And my Scale combat warship.
1/72nd Scale INS Scirocco WWII Italian Destroyer

R/c Combat
http://modelsminiatures.com/
Last edited by Umi_Ryuzuki; May 17, 2016 at 06:28 PM. Reason: updated links
Dec 17, 2002, 06:21 PM
Model mad
Umi_Ryuzuki i love your ferry
yours is the only other model ferry i have seen since i started mine.
like you i choose 1/72 because the cars are easy to get but i noticed on your site that you said the cars where pricey. have you heard of a company called hongwell models they make 1/72 die cast cars that are realy highly detailed and cheap a pack of 10 cars costs 10.99. i have being buying a few packs of cars every week and now have way more than i need if you email me your address i will send you a couple so you can see how good they are.
but they still can't get their trucks right another company called wheelers makes good cheap 1/72 trucks 12 for a pack of 7.
my ferry is still a long way from being finished but it is already in the car moving bussiness
Dec 22, 2002, 03:08 PM

pictures

Some really nice looking stuff here I hope mine is worthy
Dec 22, 2002, 03:14 PM

colin archer

lets try that again. colin archer billing boats kit. I built two the other has sails. big boat nice kit
Dec 22, 2002, 03:16 PM

colin archer

that worked lets try another
Dec 22, 2002, 03:39 PM
I think yours is very worthy!
Dec 23, 2002, 02:12 AM
AMA 670207

Here's Mine

Well okay then!
Here is a small sampling of my boats. I've built everything from Estes rockets, all the way up to the big boy rockets, R/C cars, trains, of course planes, but I still have a love affair with scale ships. I used to race fast electric boats in the 6 cell mono class, crackerbox, and the 12 cell hydro class but that proved to be way too costly for me to keep competitive so off to scale I went.

The enclosed picture is of my USCG Textron MLB from Midwest Products. I sold the boat off two years ago and regret it since. She took second place in the Pacific Northwest Model Expo in working class boats. I went above and beyond with the detailing and used pictures and plans from Textron Marine ( don't ask where I got them) and replaced most of the factory parts from the kit.

Perry
Dec 23, 2002, 02:15 AM
AMA 670207
Details, details, details.
Dec 23, 2002, 02:19 AM
AMA 670207

My sailboat

Here is my Northwind 36 from ABC models which also took second place at the Pacific Northwest Model Expo 2001.

She was painted with three coats of Dupont Chroma Systems white and 3 coats of Chroma Clear. Looked awesome! Nice kit but the instructions were less than desireable.

I never sailed her. Sold her to a gent that absolutely had to have her. He paid well for her.
Perry
Last edited by Rudderman98; Dec 23, 2002 at 02:23 AM.