Let's see your boats - Page 2 - RC Groups
Oct 27, 2002, 01:07 AM
Model mad
i hope this works
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQCLHF4VApKqBPY*Ryy0xdkutw8DEzwPKNpLcdaDgl0R1xPIm Ha!0Gv8hybhfeHjMKwe39Esig33CUjsNPnEKztrITgAN!38Bnj sNZf934E/IMAG00014.JPG[/img]

my boat is the one in the lower part of the pic
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2002, 01:27 AM
Model mad
trying again
Oct 27, 2002, 07:15 PM
Model mad
here is a pic of my latest ship
she is a fully scratch built RoRo ferry at 1:72 and she is about 1.7 meters long
its nearly a year since the keel was layed and this pic is a few months old
i will get some more upto date pics later (if any one wants to see them)
the hull was constructed from 1mm cardboard cause at the time i had no cash flow and this was the cheapest material available (at 12.46 it is my cheapest hull yet)
it is coated in fiberglass resin inside at out and is very strong.
the superstructure is made from a plastic called foamex and is 3mm thick so all those windows where a pain to cut.

let me know what you guys think
Oct 30, 2002, 06:31 PM
Model mad
heres are more upto date pic of the ferry
Nov 11, 2002, 03:11 PM
I find the hardest part is staying with it long enough to finish a project. The ferry looks good keep after it and post more pictures.
Nov 17, 2002, 07:31 PM
Model mad
latest pics
taken today
Nov 17, 2002, 07:37 PM
Model mad
WOHA!!
how did that happen the pic came up HUGE.
it's not even that big on my pc.

any way heres one more of the test sail with the Normandie in the back round
Nov 29, 2002, 10:46 AM
Wow!

I came into this forum to ask a question (see "what to charge" thread) and I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the workmanship!

I'm not usually a scale builder, but I have a Sterling kit Century Sea Maid that I converted to a "somewhat" FE boat!

I call it my "Wolf in Sheeps clothing".

Pics and details on my website:

http://www.geocities.com/cphilg/boat.html

Dec 07, 2002, 03:05 AM
AsH
AsH

Exellent Ships !!!

Just came in for a little browse, as you do, and WOW,
theres some great works here !!!

I mainly just fly gliders atm, but i just may have to broaden
my R/C habit now

Great work people, keep it up !!
Dec 09, 2002, 10:00 PM
Ok, let's see if this comes up. This is a work in progress, a 1:72 Ticonderoga class missile cruiser. It's just over 8 feet long and will weigh about 50 pounds when finished, if I can ever get to finishing it. Cutting all of those little ribs gets very boring.
Dec 09, 2002, 10:22 PM
Here's another work in progress, a Billing Boats kit. It'a actually a little farther along, but I cannot get my camera working correctly.
Dec 10, 2002, 01:21 PM
kap64 I have been wanting to build a 1:72 Ticonderoga for some time now, just can't seem to get started. Did you use a fiberglass hull or did you scratch build it ? can't wait to see it finished.
Dec 11, 2002, 12:29 AM
It is a fiberglass hull. I fell in love with it the moment I saw a picture of a completed one. I actually bought it as a semi-kit from a r/c ship club in Australia called Task Force 72. They aren't in it to sell them like a store, but they will get together and sell to an individual. Several people are involed in getting the kit together, one will make the hull, another guy makes the propellers, etc. It comes with the complete hull, a little bit of superstructure, a little bit of decking, screws and shafts, some weapons, and a LOT of scratch building. If this post works right, I'll put in a pic of the contents I took the day I received it. It's hard to see all that's in the pic, but what's not there has to be scratch built. I've spent well over $2k so far.
Dec 11, 2002, 12:35 AM
Here's a pic of one of their finished Ticos that one of the guys in the TF72 club took.
Dec 11, 2002, 06:06 AM
I have seen their website, I thought long and hard about buying one but just couldn't part with the green but is sure is nice. I have a much smaller 1:350 version I am thinking of using to scratch a hull in 1:72.