Bluffs Park, Long Beach flyers - Page 5 - RC Groups
Nov 07, 2005, 11:29 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhuahua
SO what do a bunch of weasel hoolagans do turns around the wind sock pole and shoot the rail. Too much fun.
I hate to bring this up, but this worries me. We already have too many close calls involving plane and pedestrian and it seems to me that this practice is just asking for more.

Pete (with his flame-proof boxers on)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2005, 11:43 AM
Now Pete STOP that

Don't turn this into another one of those "scared to lose it" threads. Yes there is always risk of loosing a site, especially in a public park.

You know me and know that I am a careful adult. We use a spotter and take care to not make runs around the pole when pedestrian traffic is going by.

Hooligans will always be hooligans

ITL - "Fermin sure brings the speed out of a plane, doesn't it! I gotta get my Weasel out to the LBC with you all one of these days...after my son's soccer game...and before my daughter's basketball practice...and not to interfere with that birthday party I have to take my son to...and..... Anyway, looks like you guys had some fun with the pole...uh...yeah, I think that's right?!?"

Family PAH!

Just come fly.

The Kids won't mind if your are not around, I grew up fine and my dad ignored my intrests as a child. Now I have to get back to an experiment in my back yard. Trying to see how many chihuahua's it takes to .........

Oh nevermind. my wife asked me to stop talking about the chihuahua experiments.

Dave
Dangerous weasel pilot
Nov 07, 2005, 11:58 AM
It could happen...
Quote:
Family PAH!

Just come fly.

The Kids won't mind if your are not around, I grew up fine and my dad ignored my intrests as a child. Now I have to get back to an experiment in my back yard. Trying to see how many chihuahua's it takes to .........

Oh nevermind. my wife asked me to stop talking about the chihuahua experiments.
I wann hear about'um...

You crack me up Dave!

On a serious note, I have to agree with Pete in part with the pole thing. Sometimes the invincability of the EPP lulls us into a sense of unlimited flight possibilities...something that can lead to poor judgement. Just be sure to watch out for each other and limit that kinda fun to the less crowded (pedestrian wise) days.

Have fun!
Nov 07, 2005, 12:35 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
You know me and know that I am a careful adult. We use a spotter and take care to not make runs around the pole when pedestrian traffic is going by.
I'm not worried about you, Dave. In fact I'm not too worried about most of the Bluff Park Irregulars. What concerns me is the amateur hooligans who might follow our lead.

'Nuff outta me.

Pete
Jun 18, 2006, 12:13 AM
time to revive this thread! junior year of hs was INTENSE but i pulled a 4.0 and got myself a 1996 volvo 960 wagon. dug out my weasel (needs a new 85 - gonna put MGs in this time i think). i should be up at bluff park pretty soon again! it's been quite a while
Jun 18, 2006, 01:09 AM
If you build it...
I used to love flying here.... Was there every weekend if the wind was good. I have new digs now.... In Hood River Oregon.
Nov 05, 2008, 01:34 PM
reviving this thread from the dead AGAIN. does anyone still fly this spot? its been 2 1/2 years since i posted on this forum (and just as long since i touched anything with a remote) and i'm feeling like a slope session
Nov 05, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Stan,

Nice to see you again son.

Yes people still fly there, great small slope sight. Go charge up your batteries and go fly.
Nov 05, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hope to be there with my Wild Wing, Easy Star Electric and Spirit of 2000 ( 2 m glider )
A friend is going to maiden his DAW 126 there on Sunday.
Forecast looks good. Cool.. thus on shore breeze.
Last edited by ktoey; Nov 05, 2008 at 11:56 PM.
Nov 09, 2008, 09:28 PM

Did anyone fly at Bluff Park today, Sunday ?

The wind was blowing from the north in San Dimas.
So I decided it would be a waste to go to Long Beach.
At about 4pm I passed Temple Hill in Pomona and saw many flyers there. The wind was strong and blowing from SW ( ideal ).
SW would be ideal for Bluff Park too.
Last edited by ktoey; Nov 09, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Nov 09, 2008, 09:40 PM

yep

Today at Temple was off the hook. 30 MPH straight in. I was there from about 10: 30 to about 12 with no one else. Then Tony showed up and I left around 2. Temple rocks.
Nov 09, 2008, 10:47 PM
i just went over to my dad's and got my weasel and transmitter! just gotta get batteries and maybe drag SWMBO along for a slope day :-D
Nov 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
if anyone is going today i should be up there at some point, dragging the lady along with my weasel and raider. if the wind sucks i'm gonna go check out fermin (never been).
Feb 28, 2009, 07:30 PM

Make this a thread for Bluff Park Flyers

I am reviving this old thread.
All Bluff Park flyers... let's make this a thread for what is happening at the Bluff Park.
I miss Bluff Park.
Due to my medical condition, I may not drive at this moment.
Hope to be driving again soon and be at my favorite slope site.
Feb 28, 2009, 10:41 PM
Haven't been to Bluff Park too much lately cuz' the wind never seems to be from the right direction. Been kinda lousy lift around here for the last couple of months. Went to Bluff a couple of weeks ago and flew for about an hour until the rain chased me away. Maybe it'll pick up soon. Jim