Bluffs Park, Long Beach flyers - Page 4 - RC Groups
Oct 18, 2005, 11:46 PM
stansanders, Cover your entire wing with TONS of 3m 77, squeegie it on with a credit card, Use bi directional strapping tape on the entire wing, lay it down like you did the tape on your weasel, THEN do the 3m 77 step over again-goop before if you want- Then cover with ordinary packing tape laying it down with a credit card just like you did your weasel (You did do that with your weasel right?) after setting up electronics, (hopefully you'll bury your pushrods) Get rid of those STINKIN' winglets and put a center fin on it, make sure its stout enough that you can't bend it with out breaking it, and you will have a decent fermin wing.

Justin

PM slopeiron, and ask how he made those lead weights he put on his zagi 5c.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2005, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innocent
Get rid of those STINKIN' winglets and put a center fin on it, make sure its stout enough that you can't bend it with out breaking it
alex-

im gonna goop the hell out of this thing, especially the nose. i was hoping to not have to bury the rods though. and regarding the center fin, do i need to split the wing to attach it? i've never done that before. and would you say i would be well served by rounding the wingtips as well if i do a center fin? (anyone else feel free to comment on all this too).

Stan
who is running for second youngest guy in the slope forum (after alex)
Oct 19, 2005, 12:06 AM
I'm 13 Stan, and I'm actually Justin.. You won't have to split the wing, mount a piece of coroplast on the bottom of the wing, and use a carbon fiber rod stuck in one of the flutes to hold the fin, Make the fin about 8-10 inches long & 6 inches at its highest point, remember stembridges halfpipe? good. Thats a good shape to start with for the fin. Round those wingtips too, not too much though, just enough to get a halfpipe-ish shape.

Justin

oh and if you have a screen name on AIM go ahead and message me if you've got more specific questions about it, screen name is justingh3
Oct 19, 2005, 12:22 AM
ahahahahahha haha sorry about that i dunno where i got alex from.....
Oct 23, 2005, 10:50 PM
OK day out there from 1pm to about 3pm blowing 5-10 mph then it turned west. We got one new weasel to the flock.

So far the flock is up to 7

J.....
R.....
M...
S...
C.... (today was his first weasel day)
M...
and
ME

It will grow. muhahahahahahahaha
Oct 24, 2005, 12:00 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhuahua
So far the flock is up to 7
Flock? Sounds like an infestation to me.

Pete
Oct 24, 2005, 10:53 AM

infestation or INFECTION

There is NO cure for MUSTELA ENFLUENZA
Oct 25, 2005, 07:39 PM
went to the park for lunch and was doing turns around the wind sock pole when this happened.
Oct 25, 2005, 08:03 PM
Goodpasture's FTW
Oh, and for a fermin-able wing, you gotta put some lights on it, and make a dug out area on the cg for a ballest compartment and throw 10oz in it(ok, mabye not 10, but at least 5 )

Keith
Oct 29, 2005, 01:40 PM
Looks like weasel weather today at Bluff Park

http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/c...hange+Location

Headen out now

GET THE FLOCK (flock of weasels) OUT TO BLUFF PARK
Oct 29, 2005, 02:14 PM
hey im coming up today, hows the wind going? also bringing my sister up for her first day with the newly built raider. think it will be flyable today?
Oct 29, 2005, 11:44 PM
Real cool day,

Started out light 3-5 by 11am.

Up to 8 to 10 mph after 12 noon.

By 4pm back down to 3 to 5 and shifting west, and at 4:45pm someone SHUT off the wind and sent us home very tired.

We put up our First LIMBO stick and had a blast

There were four weasels out and several wings, pluss a couple of floaters.

There are some pictures but will take a few days to post cause my slacker brother used his camera today

I even got the MOTH out for a few turns. Sure flys better with a straight wing

STAN measure once and resolder once. Next time get those adapters that solder on but have threads so you can screw on your clevises.

We will be setting up the LIMBO stick again tomorrow

Dave
whos' brother was over heard saying "MY THUMBS WERE GETTING TIRED FROM FLYING SO MUCH"
Nov 06, 2005, 10:30 PM

Mustela Enfluenza

Sat. was light but steady lift all day. No limbo stick we were afraid the wind was going to **** early and chickened out. SO what do a bunch of weasel hoolagans do turns around the wind sock pole and shoot the rail. Too much fun.

PS - went to fermin and flew the moth today. WOW
Nov 07, 2005, 10:49 AM
Goodpasture's FTW
There was a foamie infestation at fermin yesterday...lol. BTW, great landing Minhuahua . Just dont land like how i landed the aricobra . Dang tree.

Keith
Nov 07, 2005, 11:23 AM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhuahua
PS - went to fermin and flew the moth today. WOW
Fermin sure brings the speed out of a plane, doesn't it! I gotta get my Weasel out to the LBC with you all one of these days...after my son's soccer game...and before my daughter's basketball practice...and not to interfere with that birthday party I have to take my son to...and..... Anyway, looks like you guys had some fun with the pole...uh...yeah, I think that's right?!?