Bluffs Park, Long Beach flyers - Page 2 - RC Groups
Sep 23, 2005, 11:12 PM
Bunch of KOOKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR
I find it strange that Bluff Park can be completely dead yet Dog Beach (which is only 9.56 miles down the coast as the crow flies) will be ripping.
Pete
The west wind gets blocked in LB , but rips through Huntington.In the morning when The south comes through Bluff Park is Good(or OK).South seems to blow good through LB. Dog beach is unflyable. Towards the Afternoon the west kicks in and Dog Beach Gets Good. Bluff gets even worse. They dont work on the same wind at all. DB sucks with a south and Bluff Park sucks with a west.
They are both flyable on due SW wind.
Nice Wizzles BTW!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2005, 11:57 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stembridge
The west wind gets blocked in LB
It's them Fermin vermin, huh? They steal the wind in the afternoon!

The nerve!

Pete (with tongue in cheek)
Sep 24, 2005, 09:32 AM
Pete what are you talking about. Bluff park has been good all week... if ya fly at lunch

Most days it has been shifting like Stemie said about 4 pm to 5 pm but getting later every day. I'm hopin to be flying by 11am and stick it out till 5pm or 6pm tonight if we get lucky

How has Reef point been?

Stem, thanks just simple tape but it works with my partial color blindness
Sep 24, 2005, 01:31 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhuahua
Most days it has been shifting like Stemie said about 4 pm to 5 pm but getting later every day.
And therein lies the problem. It's a rare day indeed that I can leave work before 4:00p. I usually get to Bluff Park 'tween 4:30-5:00p and that new wind sock is either hanging limp or parallel with the slope so I just continue on down PCH to Dog Beach.

Not sure what I'll do today. The NOAA wind forecast doesn't look real exciting so what I do will depend on what my own wind sock does.

Pete
Sep 24, 2005, 03:33 PM
Insert custom witicism
I liked bluff for up-close flying, plus the folks there were pretty cool. Fermin is still where it's at for the bigger ships though. If you're feelin like it's a weasel day, check out bluff. If the wind cooperates, it can be a bunch of fun.

Jeff
Oct 15, 2005, 11:57 PM
Today was great at bluff park, 15 to 20 ssw and great lift we may even have some pics up later.
Oct 16, 2005, 12:22 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
I figured as much and was thinkin' about going but Back Bay was working real good today too and it's only 2.8 miles from home.

One forecast model has the wind SSW @ 10-15 knots tomorrow and if that actually happens, I'll probably put a full load of ballast in the Moth and take it and the Halfpipe to Reef Point.

I hope Bluff Park keeps working during the week, though, 'cause I've actually been getting off work early enough lately to fly a little on my way home.

Pete
Oct 16, 2005, 12:49 AM
it was BIG wind today! great day for me to go out and maiden my weasel!

yours truly

Minhuaha (David) working his magic

David's weasel coming in for a pass

another grass whacker run

two weasels and a wing

the famous Stembridge made an appearance (but nobody told me it was stembridge until after he left!)

Stembridge and his halfpipe getting some HUGE air. the guy flies like a maniac! better upside down than me right side up LOL and the altitude he was getting on those pumps! holy !!

I've joined the axis!

one fellow had the rotten luck of getting his raider stuck in a tree

so another guy with a raider was hovering (yes it was that windy) and going in for whacks to try and knock it out of the tree. no luck sadly.

the clouds started rolling in and made for quite a nice backdrop towards the end of the day
Oct 16, 2005, 01:27 AM
Stembridge, was that a halfpipe your flying? Looks like some other wing that was maybe modified? Those are some AWESOME pics by the way.
Oct 16, 2005, 01:43 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Wait until you see how my new little Weasel killer flies.

Pete (who might just have to go to Bluff Park tomorrow after all)
Oct 16, 2005, 01:46 AM
Dependin on actual wind direction tomorrow I'm thinkin of tryin..........shhh........... donn't tell on me but .............. PHERMIN might be fun.
Oct 16, 2005, 01:47 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innocent
Stembridge, was that a halfpipe your flying? Looks like some other wing that was maybe modified?
That's a Halfpipe. The vert. stab. is a dead giveaway.

'Pipe pilot Pete
Oct 16, 2005, 01:47 AM
Goodpasture's FTW
Half pipeing? at bluffs park? i didn't know that was possible...

Great pics Stan! I wish i was there instead of work...but oh well, it pays the bills(for my rc planes )

Keith
Oct 16, 2005, 01:59 AM

thats on the bounce (he meant to do that, right?)

plenty of raiders in the air today

heading home

if i didnt spend half my time running down to the beach to retrieve my plane, i might make a joke about this being the walk of shame

got some good hovering in today with the weasels
Oct 16, 2005, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPAC299
Half pipeing? at bluffs park? i didn't know that was possible...

Great pics Stan! I wish i was there instead of work...but oh well, it pays the bills(for my rc planes )

Keith

well it IS stembridge...

i was glad i brought my camera. gave me something to do when my transmitter batteries were dying. (next time i'm using rechargables!)