Part 1- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316441

Part 2- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364473

Part 3- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386967

Carry on...

-Ted
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2005, 07:03 PM
Suspended Account
The AXI in my previous thread is a 2808/24 .... I will to begin with prop it with an APC 11 x 5.5 e

That power setup was very good in my Mini Funtana on 3S 2100 Lipo's.

Brad
Sep 06, 2005, 07:25 PM
wow were onto part 4 and the product just came out!
Sep 06, 2005, 08:08 PM
Team Broke
Brad,
GREAT mods !!!
I think you will be quite happy with that prop. The only other one I want to try is the 12x3.8 SF, but I'll probably stay with the 11x5.5 E.

Good Job,

Jim
Sep 06, 2005, 08:10 PM
TDI Abuser
Part 4 and only a handful of good reviews? So what does everyone think of their Katana's?

I still think it has some nasty habits,Must be doing something wrong.
Sep 06, 2005, 08:12 PM
TDI Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinazn10
wow were onto part 4 and the product just came out!
Yeah but since Jan. for the product to come out.almost 3 parts before it was released.
Sep 06, 2005, 08:31 PM
Team Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh
Part 4 and only a handful of good reviews? So what does everyone think of their Katana's?

I still think it has some nasty habits,Must be doing something wrong.
Where do you have your CG ?
I have mine right at 84 mm and I am VERY pleased with the short flight I have had so far.
I think I will fly it again in calmer conditions at that CG and then move it back a little for the 3rd flight.
Looks like calm conditions may be a week out as we have a slow moving tropical system over us that will SLOWLY move north toward the end of the week.
I let my cameraman fly it briefly and he said he liked it alot more than his Mini Funtana... and you should see him put the MF through its paces !!!

Stick with it,

Jim

PS
Go here http://www.dmac.org.uk/ then go to downloads and get the "Trimming Your Model Rev1".
Lots of valuable info about trimming the model (not with the trim buttons on your Tx) but the airframe itself.
While you are there get the "Flying Aerobatics Rev3 " as well... good stuff !
Sep 06, 2005, 08:54 PM
TDI Abuser
Ok Jim I will check those links out for sure.Maybe my wings are messed up and Im not seeing it.Im getting a strong tip stall (along with strong rock) on both sides.The ailerons are a little touchy but the elevator and rudder are fine.Ive turned Expo up to 73 !!
My CG was at 84 tonight even though I wanted to try at 80 to start.Im not thinking Im slowing down to much. Maybe

I have to set up my Pull pull again or at least glue the tray back in place

Im not giving up yet dont worry. I love a challenge! I will master the beast!!

BTW Thanks for the links!! Im always up for fine tuning!

Michael,
Sep 06, 2005, 09:55 PM

Wing rock or not, the KM ROCKS!!

Well I for one LOVE this plane. And I don't think the spirit of the thread has been negative, it's just that we have spent a lot of time here on a few common modifications that make noticeable improvements to a very soundly designed and crafted model. I think we pounded hard on that because Shaun has been listening well and very receptive to incorporating our suggestions into the upgraded models. Kudos the the PA team for that level of support. I've gotten several LEGNTHY emails from Shaun personally. That kind of service is rare indeed. Yes the plane will snap. Yes heavy wing rock in an upright harrier. But I don't notice these much at all now that I am more used to the plane. I'd say I have about 30 flights on it. The undesireable traits are fading as I learn how I need to attack maneuvers and how far I can push something. It does the best wall of any plane I have ever owned. With enough speed and full up elevator it just pops straight up. I have 25% flaperons and I have the alirons set about 3 degrees up (spoilers?) which seems to help that rocking just a tad. If you get the nose up more it doesn't rock. I can harrier at 80 degrees...but not 45 degrees. More like a forward moving hover than a true harrier. See short clip attached and note the transition from to hover to level flight can be very smooth, and trust me, I'm no James. I couldn't do this with most of my other planes (Funtana 40S, Accord 47, Razzle). I repeat...I LOVE this plane. I just need a red one now. ;-) -Fred

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
Last edited by fmidgett; Sep 06, 2005 at 10:00 PM.
Sep 06, 2005, 10:06 PM
I think one of the easiest improvements PA could make to the plane is to run the white covering from the LE on the underside of the wing all the way to the TE. I have put stripes on the wing but in bright light they really are hard to see. A solid white bottom would help I believe.
Sep 06, 2005, 10:07 PM
Team Broke
NICE Fred !

Here is another link with a nice trimming chart.
http://www.lferc.com/Tips/trim_chart.php

Jim
Sep 07, 2005, 12:12 AM
Custom User Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted U
We're onto Part 4....

-Ted
checking in

mike.
Sep 07, 2005, 02:27 AM
wizard of OZ
k, i'm in....
Sep 07, 2005, 05:36 AM
Custom User Title
still no airtime thouhg

mike
Sep 07, 2005, 08:17 AM

Ship has docked

Good news,
The ship (named the Wilson) docked on 9/5 a few days ahead of our projected schedule and if all goes well customs should clear the shipment today or tomorrow. We started the clearance process while the ship was still well out at sea as we do with all of our containers so I am still on track to have the full container in Atlanta around the 13-15th. We will start filling the large bakorders to consumers and dealers then. This shipment will also have a good suply of spare parts available.

I am flying my KM a lot and have just been having a blast with it each time I take it out.

Good Winds
Cliff Whitney

Quick Reply