Sep 05, 2005, 02:35 PM
Formerly p51flyer
Thread OP

new plane suggestions.... U-Can-Do 3D Flex foam model???

I haven't flown for 5 or 6 months.. it is really bad. I want to get a new plane, and i would like it to be a beginner to low intermediate model, so that way i can get back into the swing of things... It can be a ARF, or a RTF... I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for a plane...

The kind of plane that I am looking for:

Durable and can withstand a crash

Aerobatic

Long Flight times...

I was wondering if the U-Can-DO 3D would be good... they have this plane in one of those flex foam models... would this be a good plane for me.. it looks like it can take a crash really well.....

If you have the plane, i would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks
Justin
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2005, 04:23 PM
Registered boozer
Whenever I take long breaks, its the slow stick that always gets me going again. I think its the touch and go's on oddball locations that I find amusing. One thing ive noticed is that when people say they want a beginner plane, they are usually right. The odds are your sick of replacing parts and want something more durable. The vast majority of damage to my planes, and friends, occur at the motor/mount/gearbox/shaft/prop area. If that is where you have alot of troubles, I dont think the u-can-do is going to help. If the majority of your damage is on the wing or tail area because your like to fly between tight spaces, then that plane is probably a good choice. The mini-ifo fits all the criteria you have mentioned. It has a piece of carbon fiber in front of the prop. You can usually crash it into a wall head on and continue flying. Most people dont like it because it doesnt look anything like a plane. I like it cause I can fly it indoors at work when its raining or windy. Anyway, good luck with your next purchase.

Quick Reply