need build advice for a twin boom pusher - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 29, 2005, 11:20 AM
Eventually...I will fly

need build advice for a twin boom pusher

Hi,
I'm currently trying to build a twin boom pusher and have few questions
the plane will have elevator and ailerons,but i can't find a good way to route the pushrod from the servo to the elevator and also how to connect the ailerons using one servo.
the problem is that the servos are inside the fuse. and the ailerons are at the end of the wings and also for the elevetor i dont know how to route the pushrod so it wont be in the prop way.
i hope i made myself clear.
Eran
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2005, 11:40 AM
Robots... robots everywhere
for the ailerons, i suggest a snake, with the servo arm moving side to side, connecting both rods to one side of the horn

alternately, you could run torque rods all the way to the tips. more difficult imo.

for the elevator, run the rod down the outside of the one boom, and have it connect to a torque rod connected to the elevator control surface.

are you doing a 'prop mosquito' ?
Aug 29, 2005, 03:01 PM
Trapped in California
I use external pushrods.

http://www.qnet.com/~skif/plane.html