This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
I have two speeds fast and WFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgood
I posted this crash story and picture on another RC site last year, but I thought I share it here also.

I designed and built this aerobatic plane and used the landing gear and engine from a crashed Hots II. The plane was a great success. It flew for over three years until I tried a Lomcevak about 40 feet off the ground. It did the manuever fine, but I fumble - fingured it and smacked it into the desert. I took the pieces of that crash and built the Conniption II. It was the same design with a few minor changes. The wing center section was beefed up and the barn-door ailerons were integrated into the wing structure. This plane could do everything that its daddy could do, plus fly a lot faster. Unfortunately, the second weekend I took it out to fly, I smeared it all over the desert in about the same spot its papa had bought the farm. I was doing a series of snap rolls going upwards when the hatch lock came undone and the receiver battery went ballistic. I found the battery pack 150 feet from the crash site. The plane just kept snapping in a nice arch. My kids thought it made a very nice mess on the desert floor. The same landing gear and engine live on in the Conniption III.
I think the landing gear may be cursed.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester
Did it get run over?
nope. it was just bumped by the suburban.
Jul 28, 2006, 05:09 AM
GO!!!
This is video shows why one rudder servo is enough. Respect! http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Failure
Jul 28, 2006, 08:39 AM
Think 3D :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid
It can be done - check this out:http://www.billhempel.com/video/whknife.wmv

KiwiKid

Jul 28, 2006, 08:56 AM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvey
This is video shows why one rudder servo is enough. Respect! http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Failure
That is amazing!!!
Jul 30, 2006, 01:53 PM
What is the scale or did someone photoshop?
Jul 31, 2006, 01:12 AM
Its all fun
33%
Jul 31, 2006, 01:40 PM
No on the mustang picture. Sorry i should have quoted.
Jul 31, 2006, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
i lovveeee that knife edge save!
Jul 31, 2006, 07:10 PM
Custom User Title
actually i think the one in that video is a 27 - 30% ish i dunno, ive seen a few 33, 36, and 40% scale planes in person and they appear much bigger then that, also on the side of the cowling it says 3w 75, im pretty sure most 33% planks need a good 100cc engine for oomph and that plane surely had enough.... great save btw!

--mike
Jul 31, 2006, 11:00 PM
Well i flew today. Yes it was 95 degrees today, 90 in the shade, but the only losses today were 2 props. But i had them stopping in the vertical position. Oh i landed in 24" tall grass both times. Then my old junk battery died. So it was only two flights today. I learned how to do figure 8's though.
Aug 05, 2006, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhale71
actually i think the one in that video is a 27 - 30% ish i dunno, ive seen a few 33, 36, and 40% scale planes in person and they appear much bigger then that, also on the side of the cowling it says 3w 75, im pretty sure most 33% planks need a good 100cc engine for oomph and that plane surely had enough.... great save btw!

--mike

http://www.wildharerc.com/Products/E...0/extra260.htm

33% actually. 33% Fly perfectly fine on 75cc engines with the new light planes out.

Awesome save by Bill by the way, talk about thinking quick and not panicking.
Aug 07, 2006, 04:28 PM

Todays carnage

My VMAR P-51 Mustang refused to respond to elevator input coming out of a snap roll in a straight, vertical dive towards the ground. At least I did not spend too many hours assembling the kit. I'm more depressed over my crash statistics than the loss of the plane, really -- two planes down on my first two summers flying. Also, I've inspected the engine; tested the receiver and the servos and they all seem fine.
Aug 07, 2006, 06:06 PM
Smashes Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barandth
My VMAR P-51 Mustang refused to respond to elevator input coming out of a snap roll in a straight, vertical dive towards the ground. At least I did not spend too many hours assembling the kit. I'm more depressed over my crash statistics than the loss of the plane, really -- two planes down on my first two summers flying. Also, I've inspected the engine; tested the receiver and the servos and they all seem fine.

Ha! You are an ACE my boy. I estimate, hmmm, 12 in the same time..... Hence my tag line.

Typ
Aug 07, 2006, 10:01 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
thats a good one,, make it spectacular
mike