This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2002, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Best CRASH picture <------- #1

What do you guys do when you crash you plane? Throw it away, or keep it for repairs. Mine crashed, it's balsa what should I do.

Do you guys keep a pic of your crashed plane?
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2002, 06:40 PM
Yes of course, we want pictures! We love carnage!!

I've seen in a couple of threads where when nothing is left but the tail people have mounted it on a plaque on the wall like a hunting trophy.

Sorry to hear about your plane. Which one was it? Not the Cub?
May 05, 2002, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
BC,

Yesterday I was a happy old kid, now I'm an upset old fool. The winds was high, soooooo what? I did it yesterday (fighting with the wind) I did again today this mornings flight was awesome. I flew from 7:30am to 11:05am. I left the field for I didn't pack lunch this morning and the rest of the guys was going to have lunch and go home. Took one Picture of a succesfull flight, thinking that I have post enough Picture in this thread and there's no need of more postings.

Here's the shot from this mornings flight.
May 05, 2002, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Came back after lunch wind was blowing 12mph and blowing some more. Who cares.....
May 05, 2002, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
The Cub VS. Mother Nature. Mother nature scored 2points ----12pm
May 05, 2002, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Man that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think anybody can beat this crash
May 05, 2002, 07:02 PM
I just started flying in January and I kept all my broken planes. I was hoping to get a Digital camera soon and get some pictures for you guys. I have about 6 that will never fly again. I scrounge parts and look how something was built. I hang them on the wall above my workbench.

Rivethead
May 05, 2002, 07:04 PM
Thread OP
One more, the cause from my stupidity
May 05, 2002, 07:04 PM
Motorless Wing Nut
1 Parkflyer...

2 others...

dd.
Last edited by Doc Data; May 05, 2002 at 07:40 PM.
May 05, 2002, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Hey, now I actually feel good Man, that's a crash all right
May 05, 2002, 07:56 PM
Genovia,

I've seen plenty of balsa planes crash ... and that doesn't look too bad . What is is covered in? It's best for repairs if it is an iron on covering like monokote, and not just sticky "shelf paper." You should be able to peel off the covering, fabricate some replacement parts out of balsa, glue it back together, and re-cover it. You might have some trouble matching the yellow if it's not the same brand covering.

That one definitely looks flyable again. Good luck!

Carl
May 05, 2002, 07:58 PM
Genovia,

Doesn't look too bad. Seriously though, you can buy a replacement wing set for the Cub from Hobbypeople in CA. It looks like the fuse, stab, and rudder are all in one piece. Go for the new wing set and you'll have her back up in no time.
May 05, 2002, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
I have put her back together, but I haven't put her back with the tail glued in place, that's a task, to do. I can replicate the balsa. My main concern is the Firewall. The shaft is busted up in pieces.

Man OOOO man!!!

This is what I'm looking at:
May 05, 2002, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
I don't have any idea on how in the world, I am to do this
May 05, 2002, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
I wanna take the Tail cover as well, How hard is it to cover the tail? Any suggestions? Firewall. I should just cut it and redo it, right? What do you guys think?

Piper, Can spend anymore money. I am saving for the switchback..

Quick Reply