Aug 27, 2005, 09:40 AM

Super King air Model

Is anyone out ther producing a king air ?

I think this awsome model would be a must have

Looking for one with a winspan of at least 57 or 60 inches
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2005, 01:48 PM
Electric Coolhunter
No small electric King Air kits around, to the best of my knowledge, and I follow the kit news fairly closely.

Would make a nice looking model.

One of the reasons you are unlikely to see it is that as a commercial proposition, a civilian twin is never going to sell as well as one of the venerable WWII warbirds. Thus, few kit makers invest in some of the interesting non-aerobatic non-classic/antique civilian models.
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Aug 27, 2005, 02:02 PM
thats sad.

I thought that would be an aswome seller.
Aug 27, 2005, 02:17 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I did a search on King Air here, but did not find any solid leads on plans, either.

Looks like you need to start scratch building...
Aug 27, 2005, 04:17 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
there is a king air kit out there, just don't have a link .. sorry
Aug 27, 2005, 06:01 PM
Go get them Meg!
I think Icare had a King Air available at one time. be do a "Wanted to buy" posting in the FS forum.
Aug 27, 2005, 06:52 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
No small electric King Air kits around, to the best of my knowledge, and I follow the kit news fairly closely.

Would make a nice looking model.

One of the reasons you are unlikely to see it is that as a commercial proposition, a civilian twin is never going to sell as well as one of the venerable WWII warbirds. Thus, few kit makers invest in some of the interesting non-aerobatic non-classic/antique civilian models.

Umnnnn...... You could paint it International Orange and Insignia White, and call it a T-43. The Navy flies a bunch of them.
Aug 27, 2005, 07:33 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Army has a version too but I agree the Navy version is VERY cool!
Last edited by tic; Aug 27, 2005 at 07:50 PM.
Aug 27, 2005, 08:02 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
BTW..that is NOT the "super" king air.. it's a C90.. I"m kinda partial to them since I've been flying one for work for the last 8 years. It's a real workhorse and VERY reliable..
Aug 27, 2005, 08:35 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
FOUND IT!..... http://homepage.mac.com/mikejames/ne...ruction01.html
Aug 29, 2005, 09:28 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Hmmm...I misread his post. He wanted one at least 5 feet or so in span, not just 5 feet in span. Still not many choices out there.

In any case, if you go to the Nextcraft home page, you will see that he is out of the R/C model biz and that promising King Air model is stillborn and will never happen.

Challenger, a T-43 is a Boeing aircraft, a military version of the 737-200.

The Navy does use some King Airs aas trainers, but they are the T-44.

The other military designation of the King Air 200 series is C-12
Aug 29, 2005, 09:38 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
There is still yet another king air kit out there.. somewhere.. not the stillborn
Jan 12, 2015, 08:44 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Have been looking for a King Air for a long time, with a very sad result. So to get one I might have to scratch build one...

But now it is possible to get one!
I want a big one, 100 inch plus WS, and if you follow this thread, Igor has agreed to make a kit. The hang-up is that he wants 3 orders before he starts production.

Someone interested?

Ben_E
Jan 14, 2015, 03:35 PM
Fly low and fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamadude
Is anyone out ther producing a king air ?

I think this awsome model would be a must have

Looking for one with a winspan of at least 57 or 60 inches
There is a similar plane available on the German market. "Robbe Twin Air"
Not 100% scale but looks very realistic.

Please follow the link below. Unfortunately in German only but provides some nice pics.

http://www.aufwind-magazin.de/redakt...air/index.html

Rgds
Jorg
Jan 14, 2015, 07:18 PM
Go FASST or go home...
Nice plane, but not even close to a King Air ;-)
And for me it's too small...

Ben_E