New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2005, 01:54 AM
Find More Posts by landmlord

Look what I made for my micro(s)...

I hated trying to go anywhere and bring my heli (blade x2 and a Kyosho M24), I would end up bringing @ 3 boxes of parts, chargers, batteries, and my heli would sit on top (hopefully.) If I went camping or “up north” ( I live in Minnesota) I would worry that the chopper(s) would get damaged or the blades would get warped, etc..
I looked in the forums for cases and saw that they could be spendy, and I ran across a pic of someone using a Stanley tool box, well I could get that for $14.99 at Sears, so I got one.
My goal was to have a “grab and go” case, something that would hold 2 helicopters the transmitters and easy fix supplies (blades, skids, motors, flybars, etc) and a small “take along if you have space or gone for a few days" box that has the not so easy to fix supplies (servos, 4-1, etc).
I took some pictures of my “work in progress” and being that I am a newbe at this, I thought someone else who has just started this as a hobby might want to do this also.

MikeL.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2005, 03:01 AM
Find More Posts by Giglimesh
Umm, Whats "Rc" Mean?
Great idea.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by alan_gbk
Alan
Well done, I like to call it as mobile workshop.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by 62pilot
Don't look at me like that....
I Use An Airtight Camera Case For My Piccolo, Heli Batteries Some Tools But Not Tx. Foam Lined..........................pilot
Bcp Just Stays In Box It Came In...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by cat5
Yeh...one day I think I will do that too Im messing with my dragonfly 22d. My brand new blade cp is sitting the box. One day when I get better I will play with it. Dont' get me wrong, I got a killer deal for it so I had to grab it. $160 shipped brand newwith extra blade and crash kit and training gear off Ebay
Old Aug 26, 2005, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by jon_n85
chief helitologist
i like those precision screw drivers you have - the multi colored ones. I pick up packs of those a week for a buck! I dont bother looking for them...

Great idea I think i might make something like that for my self.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Santini
The Great Santini
Yes, Sears is great in that they have a quite a number of very inexpensive tool boxes... better than home depot for example. I looked at the Stanley you have, but picked the Stack-On brand box only because it has a good sized tool tray and it is tall enought to stand my drangonfly in it with the tray in... I think I paid like $13 for it, but that might have been on sale. It's really great, like you say, because I can just grab one box and go to the park.

I like the clear parts holders you have there... very nice set up overall.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by LEARSI
Really nice

How much money it cost to u?? This hobby is very expensive >_<