New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by mildewing

E-Flite 4in1 with tail servo?

Well i'm attempting to get a 3D Pro with a shaft driven tail to work with an E-Flite Blade 4in1 and Tx.

I tried to just plug the tail servo into the #4 port on the 4in1's Rx and it doesn't work, when i move the Tx stick the servo doesnt do anything. Is there any way i can get the 4in1 to control the tail servo? What would happen if a put a seperate gyro on to run the tail servo?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:06 PM
It looks like a no go. When i was trying the seperate gyro i noticed that what i thought was ch4 on the rx was actually ch5 so i don't even have a ch4 option. Besides the ch5 that does nothing, there is a ch B that gives power but it doesnt operate the servo on input.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:25 PM
tps
Find More Posts by tps
tps
I have an ESKY Honeybee CP. If the electronics are the same on the Blade, which I believe they are, try disassembling the 4 in 1 and unplug the rx from the esc/gyro board. On the Esky, channels 3 and 4 are fed directly to the esc/gyro and are not even accessible without disassembly. Once you do this, the rx half is just a basic 6ch rx. I'm actually using mine in a new X-400 i just built.

Good luck
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:27 PM
tps
Find More Posts by tps
tps
I have an ESKY Honeybee CP. If the electronics are the same on the Blade, which I believe they are, try disassembling the 4 in 1 and unplug the rx from the esc/gyro board. On the Esky, channels 3 and 4 are fed directly to the esc/gyro and are not even accessible without disassembly. Once you do this, the rx half is just a basic 6ch rx. I'm actually using mine in a new X-400.

Good luck
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:56 PM
I have taken it apart before and they are the same but, i need to use the ESC out of the 3in1 side to run the main motor.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
Ok, i ended up transplanting an ESC from one of my other helis and puled the Rx out of the E-Flite 4in1.

Thanks!