Aug 23, 2005, 04:47 AM
Single-task at best...

WALSALL 2005. Lots of pics - were you there?

This years event was simply brilliant!

The wind was a little strong on the Saturday, but Sunday saw a gentle breeze and strong sunshine all day.

The only fly in the ointment was the mini-tornado which ripped through the flightline at about 4pm, causing damage to quite a few models.

Here we go with the pics. No captions - I wonder if the participants can provide details?

tim
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2005, 05:08 AM
Single-task at best...
And finally....

I'm sure I speak for all the other visitors in sincerely thanking the lads and lasses of the Greenacres MAC for taking the time and trouble to host this wonderful event every year!

tim
Aug 23, 2005, 05:27 AM
Sloping off....
Fantastic piccies Hoops, some lovely flying shots and artsy ground shots there as well.

The surgery that I'm performing on Pete's Vampire was to remove what looked like a fabric conditioner sheet from it's position wrapped firmly around the fan. A real life FOD event that took some removing with a dental pick taped to a long screwdriver. Thankfully the Vampire picked that up after landing rather than on take off or the results could have been nasty.

That mini tornado was quite something, we were only about 20m away heading for the flightline when it rolled through picking up a bunch of models, a couple of chairs and knocking over the PA system. The twister took the models up a hundred feet or so, dashing them against each other and the ground before dumping most of the bits onto the field. Some models were completely destroyed, others severely damaged and some just had afew bits removed. We've had a couple of these at the field this year but thankfully they haven't lifted anything other than rubbish into the air.

I'd also like to extend our thanks to the chaps and chapesses at Greenacres MAC for another very enjoyable fly-in, one of the highlights of the year. Though I only managed one day this year we had a great time meeting up with everyone and seeing such a fine assembly of models and modellers.

Thans very much for the thread and thanks to Greenacres MAC - see you all next year.

Leccy and Youngleccy
Aug 23, 2005, 05:28 AM
Mugi Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim hooper
I'm sure I speak for all the other visitors in sincerely thanking the lads and lasses of the Greenacres MAC
Indeed you do, Tim. It really is the pinnacle of the modelling calendar for us. A chance to meet the great folk from the club, enjoy a camp out and do some night flying.

No pics of the mini tornado? or, like the Mugis, was it too fast for you?
Aug 23, 2005, 07:11 AM

Walsall event

Thank you for some good shots Tim, great to meet you we enjoyed our 3 days there too!

Mind you my T33 didn't Still do not know what caused it to nose in like that. May it R.I.P.!

All of us at the brchobbies stall were kept busy, it was great to meet everyone and see faces to the many voices we talk to on the phone!

Thanks to the Moogie guys for keeping me awake till past midnight too! but it was fun to watch the night flying from my bed in the caravan... I still have the 'bee in a bottle' sound ringing in my ears

All in all a very good event! See you next year!!!

Brian Collins
brchobbies
www.brchobbies.com
Aug 23, 2005, 03:59 PM
Pete Nicholson
Hi Tim,

It was good to meet you at Walsall. Below are some pics from Saturday and yes, a great day. Thanks to everyone at Greenacres.

Shame it clashed with an equally good Woodsprings on the Sunday...maybe next year it can be avoided?

Cheers,

Pete.
Aug 23, 2005, 04:28 PM
Looks like a good day was had by all....good weather, excellent models and nice people, what more can you ask for? sadly I missed this year, but after seeing what Ive missed I'll be there next year.

Tim, whats that strange looking biplane with the front to back wing??? looks like one of your weirdoplanes.....well done on posting all those pics!!

Scott

Quick Reply