Help with speed control please! - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2001, 02:40 PM
Flying high since '85

Help with speed control please!

I am in the process of makeing a new creation put pf all my lite stik parts. It is really cool, but I ran into a problem. I got a new reciver, a GWS 4 channel. I plugged it in, and nothing happened except for glitching. I worked all night, and then I figuered that it must be the crystal. I would get no response at all. So I got a Hitec 555 out of my mustang, and tryed it. No gliching, but no response. I then figuered that the glitching was because the GWS is only single conversion, and that the same problem still exsited. So it must be in the speed control right? It is a pixie 14. Any help would be appreiciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2001, 03:20 PM
Space Coast USA
Check the plug orientations. (-) on the outside, yellow (signal) towards the guts of the GWS. AND more importantly, does your GWS have an "F" on it??? That works with Futaba and Hitec, or a "J". They cannot be interchanged! A "J" wil not work with Hitec of Futaba.
hoppy
Jul 03, 2001, 04:58 PM
Suspended Account
Shouldn't you use a special design micro crystal with the GWS Reciever made from GWS. I was just wondering because I have A GWS reciever and it called for a GWS crystal.
Jul 03, 2001, 05:09 PM
Flying high since '85
I have the gws crystal.