Aug 20, 2005, 06:17 PM
Thread OP

It Was Just One of Those Days....!!

The kind you wish would never end...bluecor basher had the grand opening of www.3dhobbyshop.com today and we had a total blast Ben and family and crew are one class act..outstanding folks.
WE were flying something from 11:00 a.m. till 4 and later..foamies..glow 3Ders..giant foamie bipes. Tim from e-foamies.com was there and had about 20 planes..well you know what I mean...great guy and an extremely good 3Der.
There was hot dogs..foamies..more hot dogs..cold drinks..giant screen simm in the hobby shop and more hot dogs ..I like hot dogs. We has combat and foam was flying all over the place..Depron and some EPP..and my right FFFwing. Thanks to everyone that worked very hard to make this day happen for Ben...and thanks Ben for making it happen period..
Pics and video will be along shortly.

BurntupBossmann..I am so burnt...LOL...what a day.
Last edited by Boss248; Aug 20, 2005 at 09:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2005, 09:27 PM
Can't wait for photos and vids! Sounds like a fun day...sorry I missed it but would not have missed my son's birthday for anything! One quick correction....it's Tim of e-foamies.com and yes he's a great 3Der and an awesome designer!
Aug 20, 2005, 09:36 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
wish I could have made it...the landing gear failed on my katana mini this week and I have not fixed it yet and with the cost of gas it was going to be an expensive trip. Can't wait to see pics.
Aug 20, 2005, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsons
Can't wait for photos and vids! Sounds like a fun day...sorry I missed it but would not have missed my son's birthday for anything! One quick correction....it's Tim of e-foamies.com and yes he's a great 3Der and an awesome designer!
I fixed it..sorry Tim.. ..My son is 35 now and I am still not sure when his b-day is
Ben said he may do something like this later in the yr. when it's cooler so maybe we could meet up then..

Boss
Aug 20, 2005, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
It was really windy today but we still put in a bunch of flights..mostly dogfighting..at one time moter was carrying my plane on top of his plane with him upright and me inverted..didn't last long but the crowd loved it.

Bossmann=Red Lobster tonight..my poor face and neck..major BTU's going on here.
Aug 20, 2005, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss248
I fixed it..sorry Tim.. ..My son is 35 now and I am still not sure when his b-day is
Ben said he may do something like this later in the yr. when it's cooler so maybe we could meet up then..

Boss
My son is 2 which happens to make me your son's age! He had a great day today and I'm glad I was part of it.

I guess I better send Ben my schedule so he can plan around it!
Aug 20, 2005, 10:20 PM
3D nOOb...sort of...
Sounds like you guys had fun today. I put a couple of flights on the sidekick to fly with you guys in spirit...
Aug 20, 2005, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DNobody
Sounds like you guys had fun today. I put a couple of flights on the sidekick to fly with you guys in spirit...
Thanks..I hope it was a little cooler in your neck of the woods. Ben gave all the flyers that showed up some really cool stuff..I won a Himax 2025/5300 on a Himax box..moter won 2 kits..Kenneth won the FFF Sidekick I built for the give away. I think everyone had a good time despite the wind..we just adjusted our flying from anything precision to dogfighting and the foam was flying...

Bossmann
Aug 20, 2005, 10:44 PM
We just got back from night flying under the lights...we *definitely* are going to schedule that again! Pics coming in mere moments...
Aug 20, 2005, 11:03 PM
pics..
Last edited by blucor basher; Aug 20, 2005 at 11:21 PM.
Aug 20, 2005, 11:26 PM
All in all, it was lots of fun. Boss isn't lying, these guys flew combat, and few foamies were left unharmed. Weirdest thing - Boss and Tim were dogfighting, Tim was flying the huge EQ w/ 475 Watts, and Boss was flying this little bluecor plane. Tim nailed him with the Huge EQ, and Boss won! The EQ went down, and Boss flew away with a hole in his wing. Weird.

Moter and Blk96gt flew their gas profiles and I even managed to get out form behind the counter to fly a little. It was a good day. Thanks to everyone who came!
Aug 20, 2005, 11:29 PM
Plane dodger
Looks like a blast.
Killer
Aug 21, 2005, 12:17 AM
A few more pics
Aug 21, 2005, 12:34 AM
The W3 Group
Congrats on a fantastic day BB! Wish I could have been there. I'll get down there sooner or later

Chris

Quick Reply