Stevens Aero Stella: Building Thread (part 5) - RC Groups
Aug 18, 2005, 07:07 AM
Build Log

Stevens Aero Stella: Building Thread (part 5)

Here's a continuation of the previous:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&page=41&pp=15

Carry on, guys....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2005, 08:09 AM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
.....Maux....woops....let me see if I can get to the PO today. Lets get that baby in the air.

MC,
Roger that especially when we are looking for houses, planning this wedding thing ect. I have learned to just cover most of my planes the same color so she does not notice. Also the fact that she travels at least a week a month makes it possible to do some serious building while she is gone.

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 18, 2005, 10:01 AM
Team 3DHS
lol, the things we do for our hobby. Btw, I've been married 6 years, and it's been great. Don't let the naysayers convince you otherwise

btw, it's fiancee; fiance' is the guy , lol.
Aug 18, 2005, 10:19 AM
"$$Crashable Income$$"
youve obviously got alot on your plate ljh, more than understandable. best wishes for you and your future wife.
Aug 18, 2005, 10:33 AM
LJH
LJH
Thanks BC,
I actually could not be happier. I have been a firm believer of not jumping on the marrage band wagon too quickly, I have dated 4 women long term and after a long wait I finally met the woman of my dreams at the ripe old age of 38 . She is a very avid sailor, I was actually her watch captain on he '02 Newport to Bermuda ocean race. She is also a great skier, another big plus for me. What more could I ask for, a woman who does the things I do and is cute as a button as well. Now if she would just be more understanding of balsa dust .

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 18, 2005, 07:46 PM
Old School E-Flyer turned FVP
lol i wasnt trying to be a naysayer. i've been happily married for 2 years. Well happily for about a year. it took us a year to get used to each others habits. we came to a compromise i get the hobby room and she cant say a thing about it....and she gets everything else and can re-arrange it as many times in one day as she wants.

also i think my last question got overlooked. does anyone know where i can get an FMS file for the stella?
Aug 21, 2005, 07:32 PM
WOW!!!! Just got back from maidening a new powerplant in my Stelly. I shoved, and pryed a Hacker A20-22L into that motor mount replacing an Axi 2212/34. I also got in some new lipos, 1000mah 3s1p 15-20C gems. With this combo and a 11x5.5 E prop from APC and a CC25 I was off to the races with 169watts of giddy up. That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Good stuff, the Stella's a different plane now. Very pleased.

Sleedo

ps. LJH it was cool meeting you Sat., sure I'll run into you at NEAT.
Aug 21, 2005, 08:38 PM
LJH
LJH
Ed (sleedo),
Absolutly, It is a small world without a doubt, definatly see you up at NEAT. That power package seems about ideal. After playing with gear and props for Stella # 1 I settled on somewhere between 170-190 watts depending on the pack I am useing. This with a 12X6 E or a 12X4.7 SF prop. The Better half and I were up in Newport for the weekend looking at possible wedding venues (this wedding thing is going to put a crimp in the modeling budget) so no more work on the Stella but I hope to have the fuse framed up tomorrow and then I get to start covering I really hate covering but I was really happy how the first one came out. On #2 I am going for a more vivid modern sceme.

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 21, 2005, 08:55 PM
"$$Crashable Income$$"

your sinuses need fiber

"I am going for a more vivid modern sceme."

i realy liked the one stoops did w/ the clear a dazzle bits on it. i thought it was cool.

it kind of enspired me to think of something new for the next dystraction i do. im thinking a painted frame w/ clear covering would be cool.
i was thinking something like, neon yellow on the top of the wing frame and black on the bottom. on the fus i might paint the vertical tail frame neon green or something but im not sure.
i might do a stripe on one of the wings for some more recognition but i think that should be plenty.

ljh, about the dust, you might try and mention the benefits of inhaling fiber. say it keeps your sinus passages regular. ;p
Last edited by maux; Aug 21, 2005 at 09:02 PM.
Aug 22, 2005, 09:27 AM
LJH
LJH
Maux,
I got some metalic blue but it is not as bright as I was hoping, just ordered some white which is going to be the base color and then I have the matalic blue as well as red and a VERY bright green. I alway though about doing something with trans yellow and painting the frame black, might be pretty neat. I have to tail section packed up and I am going to try to get to the PO today and get it on its way to you.

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 24, 2005, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Jim, Where'd you find the bright green? Lou
Aug 25, 2005, 08:32 AM
LJH
LJH
Lou,
here ya go

http://www.stevensaero.com/cart/cart...category_id=33

have not gotten to work on the Stella much in the last few days but I have some time tonight and I hope to get the fuse framed up. Then I get to start covering . Still not sure what sceme I am going with but I will work that out.

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 25, 2005, 11:19 AM
LJH
LJH

Stella's at NEAT

How many of you Stella fliers will be at NEAT?

Cheers,
Jim
Aug 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
I'll be bringing my Stella to NEAT. Can't wait, hope the weather cooperates.

Ed B
Aug 25, 2005, 04:12 PM
Scott Stoops
I'll be flying Bill's Stella at NEAT... Does that count?