Jan 22, 2022, 02:29 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Regulation of armament carburettor АСР- S61A

The carburetor, when the air flap is closed, remains not closed this part. What's the deffect? Or how can you adjust it?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2022, 02:56 AM
There should be a throttle stop screw at the top. It is a regular screw that is locked with a nut, release this a little and the throttle should advance further.
Jan 22, 2022, 02:57 AM
Suspended Account
If it closes on the other side, there is no problem...
Jan 22, 2022, 03:50 PM
The bottom part should close slightly before the top part (or both simultaneously), otherwise it will really draw a lot of fuel at low rpms.
Jan 23, 2022, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Thanks I understood, but here there is still such a problem - the engine is not flying on the run-in, it starts and works normally during the run-in, but only with heat - you take off the heat of the engine is deafening, everything is normal - the fuel goes, the candle burns normally, the compression is excellent, the big needle is open for two turns (as in the manual to these engines) 100% overflow of the carburetor, how you can adjust A small-gas needle? You cannot touch the main one - it is installed on the run-in.
Обкатка АСП - 61А (0 min 27 sec)
Jan 23, 2022, 02:32 AM
You will always have to tune the carb, the factory "settings" are just a starting position to provide an easy first start and it is always (it seems) set too rich. Once you have the engine running you will usually have to lean out both the high end and low end needles. Take it in slow steps and you'll get there in the end.

In the video you are running the engine at very low rpms, the main needle is not active there, it is instead governed by the low-end needle. If the video shows how you are running-in the engine, then please read up on how to run-in an ABC engine:
https://www.adriansmodelaeroengines.....php?cat_id=99
Jan 23, 2022, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
Well understood, should I use a idle needle and a shutter to control the fuel?
Jan 23, 2022, 07:56 AM
Got Chrome?
What you need to do is start the engine, warm it up at moderate throttle, then take it to WOT and set the high speed needle to peak, then set the idle needle for low stable idle and clean run-up to WOT. Then go back to the main needle, double check it’s set to peak, then back off 3-4 clicks richer. Double check the idle and transition, then go fly. If you remove glow heat at idle and the engine quits, it’s too rich or the glow plug is bad.
Jan 23, 2022, 09:15 AM
You may also want to try a new glow plug.
Jan 23, 2022, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
It is clear, I do according to the instructions for this engine: first install the main needle for 2-2.5 movements, then set the heat and hold it for 10-15 seconds and start the engine. Then I increase the engine movement to 50%, wait 30-40 seconds and turn off the heat of the candle. The engine should work for one minute, but I have too much fuel. I'll make less of a small-gas needle and see what happens.
Jan 23, 2022, 07:07 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilon707
It is clear, I do according to the instructions for this engine: first install the main needle for 2-2.5 movements, then set the heat and hold it for 10-15 seconds and start the engine. Then I increase the engine movement to 50%, wait 30-40 seconds and turn off the heat of the candle. The engine should work for one minute, but I have too much fuel. I'll make less of a small-gas needle and see what happens.
Ok sounds like English may not be your first language since you are using some different terminologies here. So I will try to make this simple.

You have it fine with starting the engine. 2 to 2.5 turn out on the high speed needle should give you a "rich" running engine. I assumed that's what you called it "too much fuel". You called your candle is what I assume to be the "glow plug".

So open you high speed needle to 2 to 2.5 turn. Put your heat on your candle. Start you engine with the carburetor barrel half open. Now advance the throttle to fully open. The engine will be smoking and running rich. Now leave the ignitor on your candle and slowly close you high speed needle. The engine should start to pickup RPM. There will be a point when the engine start to sound pretty good. I call that a clean run. Don't lean out too much pass that yet. Now pull off the heat to your candle and see if the engine will keep running.

If the engine quits, put the heat back on, close the throttle to half open and start it up again without touching the high speed needle. Now open the throttle barrel to fully open and close the high speed needle a few more clicks and see if the RPM keeps on going up. Pull off the heat again and see if the engine keeps on running.

Keep on repeating this exercise until the engine will keep running without the heat. Make sure you are seeing a lot of smoke from the exhaust.

Assuming this is a new engine you need to shut down after a short run. Start again and let the engine warm up. Vary the throttle to different speed but don't worry about the idle speed yet.

Do this for 30 minutes and report back. We can go into lesson number 2 to adjust the idle mixture.
Jan 24, 2022, 02:17 AM
Thread OP
On the side of the candle there is an inscription OS and another A3
Jan 24, 2022, 12:23 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilon707
On the side of the candle there is an inscription OS and another A3
That's a hot plug. You should be fine.

Quick Reply