Jan 18, 2022, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Improving DJI video quality ?

I am looking for ideas on improving video reception with DJI equipment. I am running a Caddx Vista with a Polar camera and DJI V2 goggles and they work well most of the time but occasionally my view turns into a blob of useless pixels or just blanks out completely.
Caddx and goggles are running the supplied antenna, firmware is the latest available as of 16 Jan 2022.
The attached screen shot of impaired video was at a distance of 40 to 50 yards with no obstructions, altitude of 30 feet, and 90 degrees to the direction I was facing, video transmission bit rate 50Mhz Low latency selected, I have had the same issue in 25Mhz.
Any tips would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2022, 01:31 PM
What power level? The Vista often has Rf feedback issues if you try to push the power
above 700mW. That's generally the only thing that could cause it to spaz out at that range
unless there's some really powerful source of external noise nearby. Try different
channels.
Jan 18, 2022, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Thank you Daemon,

Power was set to 700, I will back it down to 500 and see if that improves things, will also try to remember to select different channel next time I get to fly.
One place we fly has two cell towers on site and there are RF issues even with dual band FrSky systems. The place where the screen capture is from does not have any obvious sources of interference and my two flying partners were not having issues with their DJI gear, hopefully it is just operator induced and can be solved without throwing the checkbook at the problem.
Jan 18, 2022, 04:56 PM
Vista should work OK at 700mW out of the box. Maybe try a different antenna on the VTX
as that tends to be the fix when higher power is desired, swapping antennas until one is found
that doesn't feed back into the AU.

Oh, and if you are flying with others, make sure all the pilots are physically separated by
at least 12ft (4m) or so.. The DJI goggles transmit, so they do step on each other.
Jan 18, 2022, 07:35 PM
Thread OP
Usually only one in the air at a time but will remember the spacing if we have more.

Quick Reply