Aug 16, 2005, 06:55 AM
Thread OP

Apache Out Runner Motors?

I came across an outrunner called the Apache at www.parkflyermotors.com
and they sound good and are a good price. Has anyone here on the Zone used one yet and if so how about some feed back. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2005, 07:31 AM
Renewed interest
that is the same as the hacker "A" series motors. You can find them in asia as well,usually at better prices than the hacker branded ones, some even come in the hacker purple.
Aug 16, 2005, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
Thanks
Aug 16, 2005, 02:46 PM
We have been evaluating some of these motors and now have some for sale. They are excellent value for money. In the tests I have done they are similar to other outrunners such as AXI, Hacker etc. Not as good as Plettenberg, Kontronik, but never expected them to be

I have a few test results of the 30 size here: Motor test database

I have run the APS30 in a greatplanes Electricub on 8x1950's, the APM30 in a 42" Hurricane on 8xGP3300's and the APXL30 in a Multiplex Skycat on 4S1p Polyquest 4000 (400W).

I am currently also using a APS20-28T in an indoor model which is performing well.

The nice thing is they come with all the mounting hardware.

Heather
Aug 16, 2005, 03:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Heather, very nice motor chart. I've been a big Himax and AXI fan and I have 7 of the Himax and 2 Axi's. What the heck, I think I will give the Apache a shot!
Aug 17, 2005, 06:22 AM
We want... Information!
These motors are very nicely constructed and seem to be quite efficient (temperatures shown are for the battery, not the motor. The motors never even got warm).

The APL20 can swing larger props than I tested it with, but my test rig couldn't handle the thrust!
Aug 20, 2005, 08:39 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
These are indeed a similar motor to the A30 Hacker series.

I have had a chance to evaluate both the Apache30S 30 Turn and Apache30M 18T and they are performing every bit as well as the purple counterpart. These are both two turns higher than the equivalent sized Hacker presently offered State Side. Thus, the KV is slightly lower... in many cases, this makes the better suited to a slightly larger prop.

I have tested these at 6500' and posted results here:

APM30-18T
http://www.stevensaero.com/cart/cart...ategory_id=105

APS30-30T
http://www.stevensaero.com/cart/cart...ategory_id=105

Stateside they can be found at www.StevensAero.Com and www.ParkFlyerMotors.Com
Canadian customers can find them offered at www.ZebraHobby.Ca

-Bill
www.stevensaero.com
Last edited by arenablimp; Aug 21, 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Aug 21, 2005, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
I just recieved one from you Bill and look forward to trying it out. I thought I had a plane to put it in but it is just a bit tight. No problem though, I'll just buy one to fit the motor An ARF that is
Aug 21, 2005, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arenablimp
These are indeed a similar motor to the A30 Hacker series.

I have had a chance to evaluate both the Apache30S 30 Turn and Apache30M 18T and they are performing every bit as well as the purple counterpart. These are both two turns less than the equivalent sized Hacker presently offered State Side. Thus, the KV is slightly lower... in many cases, this makes the better suited to a slightly larger prop.

-Bill
www.stevensaero.com
Two turns less would mean the Kv will be higher won't it?

Cheers, Phil
Aug 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
My mistake Kiwi... higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi

Cheers, Phil
Sep 26, 2005, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi

Cheers, Phil
Good thing he said two turns higher...or was that after the edit?

Nonetheless, we also now have them in the popular "20" size as well.
Sep 26, 2005, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott
The APL20 can swing larger props than I tested it with, but my test rig couldn't handle the thrust!
Hey, Bruce,

Clearly you need a good NZ(er) made, Dr Kiwi/Hanson Thrust Stand - good for at least 1500g (max tested so far)!

Cheers, Phil

Quick Reply