Turn a TinyHawk into a Flying Wing

We've all seen some pretty cool hovercrafts that were made from old tinywhoop parts and even some commercial products that came of out doing that. Well now you can convert your tinywhoop into something that still actually flys by taking the parts and installing them into a flying wing kit.

Splash

Get New Life from an Old TinyWhoop

We've all seen some pretty cool hovercrafts that were made from old tinywhoop parts and even some commercial products that came of out doing that. Well now you can convert your tinywhoop into something that still actually flys by taking the parts and installing them into a flying wing kit. The kit is sold on Etsy out of Canada and sells for about $11 US. It includes the main parts of the wing, but you'll need to tear down your own drone to get the FC/ESC, and motors. No servos are required and the thing actually looks to fly pretty good just using differential thrust from the motors. Check out the video below to see it in action.

Click Here to see the Wing Kit

So what do you think about this conversion kit? Is it something you would try?

Jan 20, 2022, 11:23 PM
I like the idea. Nice one for sure. i will definitely try to remember this if one of my micro's becomes unflyable as a quad.
Today, 12:42 AM
It's kind of been done before but the potential has always been there for longer flight times on micro wings. It's hard to understand how a quadcopter with no benefit of wing lift/gliding can put up comparable flight times to micro fixed-wings that only spin one motor.

Maybe the constant servo movement in stability mode draws alot of juice.

Substituting throttle for elevator would take some getting used to but making it more nose-heavy might make it more controllable.

QuadWing Differential Thrust Wing - Tiny Whoop converted - 25min flight time (3 min 59 sec)

Quick Reply