Jan 09, 2022, 09:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A good article on the FrSky company

A good article on the FrSky company and why no one should support them.

https://fpvsampa.com/what-happens-with-frsky/
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2022, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbedfellow
what do you highly recommend then ?
Jan 09, 2022, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
what do you highly recommend then ?
You can get and use Flysky, Radiomaster or Jumper RC setups. Those work well and don't have the self inflicted wounds that FrSky has done to themselves.
Then there is still TBS too.
Jan 10, 2022, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
You can get and use Flysky, Radiomaster or Jumper RC setups. Those work well and don't have the self inflicted wounds that FrSky has done to themselves.
Sound great!
What do Radiomaster and Jumper bring to the table as far as protocol innovation or robust telemetry receivers go? Or do we just use Spektrum receivers from now on as we aren’t supporting FrSky.
Is FLysky open source or just a cheaper closed system?
Any quality hardware without moving to JETI or Futaba?
Can you recommend a quality TBS transmitter suitable for flying sport planes at a crowded field?
I would really like to keep using Ethos and soon tandem receivers but heaven forbid I support a company involved in hypocrisy!
Jan 10, 2022, 04:42 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:

A really good article describing truly the history and development of FrSky company and its products. I went all the way with joy and enthusiasm except for ACCESS and the new line products to which I decided not to convert.
Jan 10, 2022, 06:19 AM
Somewhat one sided but hits on some home truths sadly.
Last edited by raydar; Jan 10, 2022 at 06:39 AM.
Jan 10, 2022, 06:36 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
The article is almost 2 years old!

Quote:
Posted on February 20, 2020 by Daniel Ribeiro
Jan 10, 2022, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPilot
Is FLysky open source or just a cheaper closed system?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1101
Jan 10, 2022, 01:13 PM
Never been one to follow the masses. I still support them. Don't do long range so Crossfire is a mute point. Futaba pretty much priced me out of their game. Never owned or cared to own Spektrum. My acft with d16 work as good as my Archers. Eventually they will all be Archer.

Now I have an X20 with ETHOS (my X12 is Ethos also).
Jan 10, 2022, 02:08 PM
Quote:

I was wondering what happened.
I was going to change my X9D+ / R9M to ExpressLRS and while researching what I needed I came across the TX16S with the touch display, EdgeTX and a STM32F426 CPU, this lead to the Jumper T18 Pro V2 which results in one controller for everything plus ExpressLRS 2.4Ghz and a home for the R9M with ExpressLRS. My X9D+ and it's aluminum house can join my pet rock collection, I still have 6 speakers left from the batch I had to buy to get one.
Jan 10, 2022, 03:50 PM
Yet another opinion article written by someone that found out how to host a blog on the net.
Jan 10, 2022, 06:03 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
I'm still shamelessly going to buy an X20
Jan 10, 2022, 06:30 PM
Been using the orig. module and RX in my IR PCM10X since they were first available, never a problem with it.

I will not be dumping my older FrSky equipment.

I think I need some new FrSky products just because
Jan 10, 2022, 07:05 PM
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by solson888
Yet another opinion article written by someone that found out how to host a blog on the net.
Agreed. Some truths but then again......
What company hasn't been maneouvering to keep market share?
Jan 10, 2022, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
What is TBS?

Quick Reply