Jan 03, 2022, 08:05 PM
Thread OP
Suggestion

Why 2 Points for the Same Post?

Like I said, Why 2 (separate) Points for the Same Post?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2022, 08:12 PM
RCG Admin
I see two infractions for two separate posts. It’s not possible to have two active infractions on a single post.
Jan 03, 2022, 11:20 PM
Thread OP
Great, so first of all, I received these points at the EXACT same time.
Does that not suggest that someone is trolling ME by raking through my posts and looking for anything they think they can report?
I thought there was a rule against flippant reporting.

Secondly, does "This isn't for the sheep among us. It's to inform the lions among us." really rise to the level of trolling?
Do I need to go through a bunch of messages myself and point out much more egregious examples of trolling that haven't been reported?

And in the other post, I simply invited someone to not follow me if they don't like my posts. It was a courteous invitation to ignore me if they like.
How in the world is that "trolling" someone?
Jan 04, 2022, 08:43 AM
RCG Admin
1. The flippant reporting thing, is "Obnoxious Reporting" and applies to someone reporting many posts that don't break any site rules to waste the moderators time. It doesn't apply to reporting posts that do break site rules.

2. Yes that would be either provocation or a group attack. Yes, you are encouraged to report posts that break site rules.

3. You did not just simply invite him to ignore you. You attacked him and other members again. Don't do that.
Jan 04, 2022, 09:10 AM
Thread OP
So, you're saying that the same person didn't report both posts at the same time?

And that if I sift through posts and report "real" site rule infractions, then I'd be a good guy and celebrated for my diligence?

Great. I'm on it.
Jan 04, 2022, 09:27 AM
RCG Admin
I have no idea who reported the posts and there's no reason to go look as it doesn't matter. What matters is the content you post. Yes please go report posts that break the rules.

Quick Reply