RC Hot Air Balloon Information Series: Part 1

Here is a great first video from Michael Balloon Builder if you are interested in getting started with RC hot air balloons.

Splash

RC Hot Air Balloon Video Series

Here is a great first video from Michael Balloon Builder if you are interested in getting started with RC hot air balloons. There is a whole lot more involved than I realized so having an instructional video like this to show you the ropes is going to help anyone with their first project.

This is the first video in the series and he covers how to get involved, what you need to get started, and how to pre-flight a system. I'm looking forward to the next part in the series.

Jan 03, 2022, 06:43 PM
Wow, that's really cool. I had no idea people were doing this sort of thing.
Jan 03, 2022, 08:13 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Right! I just learned about it last year. Cool stuff. I really dig unique and obscure RC models like this.
Jan 04, 2022, 03:33 PM
so, i mean.. what do you do? your control is the on and off switch for the heat?

And every flight ends with a walk of shame where you gotta go pick it up because it drifts off? What's the appeal?
Jan 04, 2022, 04:48 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Lots more to it than that. Tethered flights for testing and events, but you can actually navigate using the varying wind directions at different altitudes. They have triangle courses and such you can race and the general challenge of navigating that way with only altitude control. That and that fact it’s just cool to look at is the appeal.

Quick Reply