Mar 23, 2018, 05:01 AM
When pigs fly rc
Wow really cool nice job i want one
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2018, 11:50 AM
Themed on the old Centuri UFO Invader but modified to glide

UFO Invader RC rocket glider flight (1 min 37 sec)
Apr 26, 2018, 09:07 AM
And here is the USS Forrestal, loosel based on the old Estes USS Atlantis, a star trek themed rocket but modified to have enough wing area to glide, I tried to blend the atlantis top deck with a disk styled wing, used a single warp engine to reduce tail weight, and modified the Nose to have a deflector dish instead of just rounded normal nose, came out at 12 oz rtf, 22" wingspan, 35" long, Flew great right off the board with no trim changes, I bumped the stick accidentally on boost here about 3 seconds in, otherwise it was hands off.
Sharpie for the panel lines and hand cut vinyl trim and lettering for the details.

USS Forrestal NCC 2187 Star Trek inspired RC Rocket Glider (1 min 17 sec)
Apr 26, 2018, 11:02 AM
Work hard, play hard
Saw the The Forrestal on Facebook. Fantastic!!!!!
May 01, 2018, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I realized I had another video I didn't upload..

NCC 2187 USS Forrestal RC Rocket glider Star Trek Inspired (1 min 21 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxotnik
Saw the The Forrestal on Facebook. Fantastic!!!!!
May 03, 2018, 07:24 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
New swing wing rocket glider:

Fliplock A Rocket Glider BUILD Video (43 min 29 sec)

Fliplock single pivot rocket glider - SUCCESS!!! (1 min 49 sec)

It flies well and is definitely unlike anything else out there.
May 03, 2018, 11:48 AM
Is that intended to be RC? This was an rc rg thread but wasn't sure based on what you showed if it was going to be refit..

[QUOTE=jwfinn;39602234]New swing wing rocket glider:
May 04, 2018, 07:34 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
Is that intended to be RC? This was an rc rg thread but wasn't sure based on what you showed if it was going to be refit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfinn
New swing wing rocket glider:
Nope. Missed those two letters in the title. There's a larger version about to be released that is R/C. I just need to get the build video finished.
May 04, 2018, 11:37 AM
Excellent, more RC rocket gliders make the world a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfinn
Nope. Missed those two letters in the title. There's a larger version about to be released that is R/C. I just need to get the build video finished.
May 04, 2018, 11:42 AM

Orbital Pegasus

I'm doing a short run of my Pegasus 2 kit that was based on the kit I did last year that used a full flying tail. It uses a unified tail/wing construction that allowed me to lower the price and make assembly easier. I had pre-cut the wing just like I would for a kit and once the tubes arrived yesterday at 5:00 I was able to put it together, install the radio, put the markings on and do a maiden flight in under 2 hours Maiden was done in about 10 mph winds. 38" long, ,2.6" diameter, 22" wingspan, 10.75 oz rtf here with a 24mm E-6. Glide is not bad considering I have only one sq foot of wing area. It uses independent hinged elevators only for both roll and pitch and works pretty well.

Dynasoar Rocketry Pegasus 2 RC Rocket glider kit (1 min 18 sec)
May 23, 2018, 08:14 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
R/C swing wings are once again available for purchase!

After three months of development efforts, the Swingshot has finally passed all the developmental milestones and the build video is finished. You can now enjoy a nice flight video, and you can purchase one if you wish to join me in the R/C rocket craze. It's not an aerobatic model like the Carbonette, but it makes up for this in being one of the easiest to fly R/C models ever. Basically it's the Switchblade XP without the underpowered nonsense. The acceptable power range is about as wide as you could ever hope for.

Flight demo:
Swingshot R/C Swing Wing Rocket Glider - Flight Demo (1 min 13 sec)

Build video:
Swingshot R/C Rocket Glider - BUILD (1 hr 44 min 52 sec)
May 23, 2018, 10:23 AM
Aircraft Life
Really cool! I'll have to get one.
Jun 01, 2018, 12:12 PM
I updated my Orbital Shuttle kit to have a bottom mounted dihedral wing which is more like the original piggyback glider from the orbital transport, I determined that a mid mounted through the tube wing (while more neutral for control) was not required for strength. It also simplifies construction since there is no tube slotting and the dihedral is automatically set by placing the wing over the body tube upside down and the wingtips touch the table to set the dihedral angle. It flies very nicely, and tends to stay level as you would expect unless you give it a turn command. It took me maybe 1.5 hours to put together, apply vinyl markings and install radio gear. Everything is white so no painting required. The rail buttons are on the side and the servos are on top of the wing so nothing to catch on when landing on the bottom of the model. It's a decent size, at 32" long, 2.6" diameter, 20" wingspan with 11.25 oz rtf weight using E-6 24mm motors.

Dynasoar Rocketry Classic Orbital Shuttle RC Rocket glider (1 min 41 sec)
Jul 30, 2018, 09:01 AM
Work hard, play hard
Frank, I know that you've seen these, but I thought I'd post the composite video from my Dynasoar RBG flights from yesterday. A buddy and I made 10 or so RBG flights yesterday. Some were pretty interesting (hanging on the rail and such). We had a big time. I fly my Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser and Hypersonic, both Dynasoar kits.

DynaSoar Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser and Hypersonic Boost Glider, 2018.07.29 (4 min 42 sec)
Aug 01, 2018, 03:55 PM
Yes, for the igniter grabbing, I found that since you need something to hold the igniter in so it doesn't get spit out, but will come off easily, I use a 1/8" strip of masking tape to hold the igniter to the nozzle, and then tie the control wires to the base of the leg, so that they are guaranteed to yank the igniter out well before the model is off the rail, the last two flights didn't have any issue, glad you guys are having fun with these.

Quick Reply