Aug 19, 2005, 01:13 PM
Now I understand why it was put aside. is the inside rib glued to the fuselage? If not then by doing that you could reinforce the fuse side. Repair the broken pieces. It would tie the whole airframe together.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2005, 01:21 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebuildit
Now I understand why it was put aside. is the inside rib glued to the fuselage? If not then by doing that you could reinforce the fuse side. Repair the broken pieces. It would tie the whole airframe together.
Not sure if the inside rib is supposed to be glued to the side of the fuselage. It has been 9 years now since I build this dude! I am sure I can get it reinforced. Might even fix it back up and fly it again sometime this year. Another reason it got put aside was at the time I had limited funds so radio gear was scarce. Those servos made thier way into a hand launch.

Ryan
Aug 19, 2005, 01:27 PM
I always have limited funds..lol.. Did you enjoy flying this? Just from looking at the pics of this model I have come up with many ideas.. I am looking forward to constructing this model.
Aug 19, 2005, 01:45 PM
At the time I did not like flying it that much. I had yet to fly any kind of prop driven model. I was big time into gliders and the kind of rocket gliders I was prefering was the S8E style models where you could thermal them. Even when I had "nimble" models like the Phoenix, I still flew it to thermal. I was not into fast and aerobatic.

Now, I think it might be kind of fun, if expensive. Would be cool to have a 2 E9 flight with all the smoke and noise, but pretty expensive on the $$ to seconds of fun. I'll probably grab some servos from something that is not getting any flight time and put this back together and make a few flights on it, then take the servos and put them into something else. None of my RCRGs have had much action recently. I'm thinking of re-doing the wing on my C model and having a go at that again. That is cheap fun if not exciting to watch on the boost and those models thermal.

Ryan
Aug 22, 2005, 10:53 AM
Hey Ryan, guess what I get to take to the drawing board tonite?\

It's a loaner but knowing the ws it will be an easy upscale..

I can't wait. already planning my materials.
Aug 23, 2005, 04:23 PM
more kW, more problems
what about a unicorn or zagi with a 3-pack of "b" booster rockets, fired by Tx/Rx, hand launch it to a slope and hit the booster when you lose lift or just want to RIP! I think that I am definitely going to buy a unicorn and experiment with this. not till I get my phoenix flying though.
Aug 23, 2005, 05:58 PM
RC Nut!
Thread OP
I think a "wedge" wing with an aerotech E6 RC reload would really kick some butt. I don't know about doing an airstart but off of a rod or rail should get some major alt.

JF
Aug 24, 2005, 08:38 AM
more kW, more problems
theres a guy in these forums that put a speed 400 on the nose of a T25, and hit his rocket in mid-air, for some reason it torqued him over to the left. someone else had said they noticed this, i wonder why it is. i would think a airstart would be great because you would already have a lot of speed, so you wouldn't need much of a rocket to get equivalent altitude gain. or a high speed pass!
Aug 24, 2005, 09:29 AM
Maybe it happened because the trim was off just a bit.
or it was because it was missing guidance from the launch rails.
Is it possible the engine holder is canted?
Just some ideas off the top of my head.
Aug 25, 2005, 04:29 PM
more kW, more problems
yeah it couldve been probably any number of these, but I thought it was strange that someone else posted, that the same thing had happened to them when they set up a similar system. I'm interested in this because

1. I think firing a rocket from a Tx in flight is the coolest thing ever, and
2. I'm gonna have to do it with my Phoenix when it gets built!!!
Aug 25, 2005, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanf

1. I think firing a rocket from a Tx in flight is the coolest thing ever, and
2. I'm gonna have to do it with my Phoenix when it gets built!!!
If you think that is cool, check this out:

http://members.aol.com/GCGassaway/vi...Dart_video.htm

George has this 2 stage RCRG model. Both stages are RCRGs. He flys the booster, then he has another pilot fly the orbitor. The Orbitor boosts off the booster. Very cool stuff.

Ryan
Aug 28, 2005, 07:53 PM
Segelflugzeug esgeht nach oben

Help needed...Estes Astro Blaster/RCM Ladyhawk

Anybody have the instructions for the Astro Blaster?...I have the plans.
(Need to do some work on this one....can't find the instructions).

I have the original Ladyhawk RCM article and instructions (and some glued up plans folded up) if someone needs copies.

Also have Wasatch "SST" plans in the F/G motor size and H motor size.
Aug 28, 2005, 08:58 PM
RC Nut!
Thread OP
Quote:
Also have Wasatch "SST" plans in the F/G motor size and H motor size
I would like a copy of those plans

JF
Aug 28, 2005, 11:52 PM
Is the T-25 just a reissue of the astroblaster? If so I could send off a copy.

I just started building the ladyhawk, What does the Wasatch look like?

Trashmanf: The lady hawk is/can be set up for dual motors per the plans and write up. Gives details on the circuit as well.
Aug 29, 2005, 12:33 AM
Segelflugzeug esgeht nach oben

The Wasatch SST ....

Well...it looks like an SST.
It was a west coast rocket glider that was available to the high power crowd in the '80's ....now long since OOP.

I had been looking for a rocket glider that was a bit more formidable than the C/D/E powered stuff..I had heard about this SSt that flew on an H and even on a J at one launch.

I eventually got ahold of one (on loan - for awhile) long enough to basically "back engineer" it...did measurements and made up a parts list from available components.

It was an internal pod and parachute deal...CG shifts when the internal pod ejected (recovered by parachute). The nose weight goes out with the pod,
effecting the necessary CG shift to prevent the old "Red Baron" into the dirt.
(a concept not unlike a lot of Estes designs).

The pod had wire stays that when gone - allow elevons to flip up to flight trim.

(on the Astro blaster...it is a canard owing more to a Rutan concept...I think the T25 looks more like the old Estes Strato blaster..or Centurion, does it not?)
Last edited by AllThumbs; Aug 29, 2005 at 12:49 AM.

Quick Reply