What the Heck Wednesday - $25,000 Drone Bed

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we don't have a funny or entertaining crash video, but we do have news from the DRL that makes us go "what the heck."

Splash

Is This the Bed of Your Dreams?

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we don't have a funny or entertaining crash video, but we do have news from the DRL that makes us go "what the heck."

That's right, it's a DRL drone bed and yes it does appear to be real. "It's an exclusive, made-to-order, limited-edition drone bed, inspired by DRL’s Racer4 Drone. With LED lights surrounding the bed, propeller pillows, sleep masks in the shape of First Person View drone goggles and the option to add a TV mount at the end of the bed (so you can watch DRL all season-long), the Drone Bed is the ultimate holiday gift."

Orders can be placed online at the DRL site linked below up until February 1st, 2022. Beds will arrive 2-4 months after the order is placed and it will only cost you a mere $25,000. That's about $24,500 more than I'd be willing to pay, but hey there's a market for anything these days. Price aside, this is actually a pretty cool looking bed for the right person with the right space for it. Remember the race car beds from when we were kids? I guess this is the modern day version of that. You could be the coolest drone pilot on the block. What you do you think?

Click Here to Visit the DRL Drone Bed Page

Dec 22, 2021, 10:17 PM
Lurking......
"Uh, I sleep in a drone bed. Do you?"
Dec 25, 2021, 11:58 PM
2 months from feb 1st is... the first of April... Those DRL people are early.
Dec 27, 2021, 03:08 PM
Surely, for that price it should be able to fly. I don't see anything in the description about this capability.
Jan 03, 2022, 08:28 AM
Crazy Canuck
Great pillow flights ...or was it fights !! It should fly for that price. Also it is only under "Parent controls" for flying around. LOL
Jan 04, 2022, 08:46 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR91
"Uh, I sleep in a drone bed. Do you?"
"I sleep in a bed with my wife."

(Thank you for making this reference, it's exactly what I thought of when I saw this)

Quick Reply