Aug 09, 2005, 10:59 PM
RC Boat Guide
Thread OP

Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR VS. MBP Offshore Flyer RTR Racing Boat w/FG Hull

HI,electric rc boats experts,
when MBP Offshore Flyer RTR Racing Boat w/FG Hull VS. Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR w/Python, WHICH ONE DO YOU PREFFER ?
for the price,Offshore Flyer RTR Racing Boat w/FG Hull is a little higher than Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR w/Python,but,personally,I preffer to have
Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR w/Python,Sleek,shorter,and spirited The ProBoat&149; ShockWave 26 EP shares the same slippery shape of its big 55" gasoline-powered cousin, but is about half the size. This allows it to run just about anywhere and doesn't require a whole lot of cargo space...On the water, the ShockWave 26 EP is a spirited performer. Its motor, hull design,
what do you guys pick?
info was found @
http://www.rcplaneguide.com/Electric_Boats_Page3.html

regards
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2005, 01:28 PM
I'll take the Offshore Flyer. Bought one 2 months ago.
Very good racer but then we dont have a big variety at our club.
The included radio was not that good. Replaced it with my current set.

There is a review coming in the RC boat modeler -- october edition.
Have a look on there website.

Ivan

South Africa
Aug 10, 2005, 04:00 PM

Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR VS. MBP Offshore Flyer RTR Racing Boat w/FG Hull

I own a shockwave 26. It's a great boat. One good thing is that I think the ESC can handle down to 15 turns but I'm not sure. If you are going to get it you should add a Y534 prop. It goes a lot faster with it. Also you should add trim tabs and water cooling. Here are some pics of mine. Does the MRP have a mechanical speed control or electronic? The JR python reciever is very good. It has a range of 1/4 mile. Still on first set on batteries. But then again the MRP does has some nice features. Like a fiberglass hull for instance and batteries.Do you have your own batteries. But the MRP is $40.00 more though. Your choice. Matt Here are some pics of mine:
Aug 13, 2005, 08:37 AM
The MRP comes with a electronic sealed waterproof ESC rated at 50A.
The battery seem to be a 2000mah pack when compared to the 3000mah I am using. The motor is a chinese no name brand 550 and runs fine without water cooling.

Regards
Ivan
Aug 17, 2005, 08:58 PM

Pro Boat ShockWave 26 EP RTR VS. MBP Offshore Flyer RTR Racing Boat w/FG Hull Reply

How does your boat run? Mine seems to cativate at full throttle... I had to add water cooling because mine runs very hot with out. I think either boat you choose RC Boat Guide would be fine for a beginner. Matt

Quick Reply