H-King (PNF) Yak-11 WW2 Warbird EPO 1450mm and Reno Racer!

Check out the Russian version and the Reno Racer version!

Splash

HobbyKing Yak 11 Variants

The striking H-King Yak-11 is an impressive 1450mm wingspan scale RC plane that has impeccable handling characteristics and looks stunning in the air. It is available in two color schemes, an authentic commemorative Russian WW2 scheme, and a colorful, racy-looking fantasy air races scheme. The differences do not stop there though, both have different power trains, one for torque, and one for speed.

H-King (PNF) Yak-11 Warbird and Racer Edition 1450mm (57") - Flight Review (25 min 32 sec)

The H-King Yak-11 has a lot of outstanding features including CNC machined fully functioning oleo struts with gear doors, LED landing lights, and navigational lights (a full list of features are below). Both versions come "Plug N Fly" with motor, ESC, and high power metal-geared servos factory installed. Construction of the Yak-11 is the popular strong and tough EPO foam, and it also has scale working split flaps, and a servoless retract system.

H-King Yak 11 1450mm PNP Warbird - Flight Review (20 min 3 sec)

All that is required to get your Yak-11 Warbird flying is a 6ch radio system, some foam glue, and a 6S 5000~6000mAh 50C+ LiPo battery with an XT90 connector.

Features

• PNF with servoless retracts
  • CNC machined fully functional all-metal oleo struts with gear doors
  • LED Landing and navigational lighting system
  • Quick connect wing servo connectors
  • Powerful and reliable H-King power system gives speeds of up to 100mph
  • Landing gear configured for grass operations
  • Authentic commemorative Russian WW2 color scheme

Specs

• Type: H-King (PNF) Yak-11 Commemorative Russian WW2 Warbird
  • Wingspan: 1450mm (57")
  • Length: 1300mm (51")
  • Flying Weight: 2900~3100g (103~110oz)
  • Motor: 5052-410KV brushless outrunner
  • Propeller: 17x10
  • ESC: H-KIng 95A brushless w/XT90 connector
  • Servos: 6 x 12~19g high power digital metal gear

Required

• 1 x 6ch (or more) Transmitter and Receiver
  • 1 x 6S 5000~6000mAh LiPo battery w/XT90 connector
  • Glue suitable for EPO foam

H-King (PNF) Yak-11 Commemorative Russian WW2 Warbird EPO 1450mm (57")

This version of the Yak-11 is based on a full-size that currently flies in Germany, the color scheme honors the French units that flew for the Russians in WW2. As mentioned above, being the warbird version it is supplied with a power train that has been developed for more torque. Using a 6S LiPo pack, the 5052-410KV brushless motor with the supplied 95A ESC and 17x10 prop will still give the Yak-11 an impressive turn of speed of up to 100mph, but the vertical performance has to be seen to be believed. Big, scale warbird maneuvers are a dream to fly with the amount of torque and power available, and the rolling maneuvers are very axial. Impress the on-lookers with slow scale-like flypasts with flaps and the wheels down, or fast, low strafing runs and pulling up into a half Cuban eight or a similar maneuver. The Yak-11 in this commemorative color scheme looks fantastic from all angles when flying or when sitting on the ground.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

H-King (PNF) Yak-11 Red Reno Racer EPO 1450mm (57")

This version of the Yak-11 is the Red Reno Racer, this is not a totally scale color scheme, but is loosely based on the Strega P-51 Reno Mustang. As mentioned above, being the racer version it is supplied with a power train that has been developed for pure speed. Using a 6S LiPo pack, the 5052-550KV brushless motor with the supplied 95A ESC and 16x6 prop will give the Yak-11 an incredible turn of speed of up to 125mph. This is quick, and seeing a model of this impressive size doing fast pylon turns near to the ground is a sight to behold. Aerobatics are also a dream to perform with the Yak, the rolls are very axial, and looping maneuvers are big due to the abundance of power. The only limitations to the aerobatics it will perform are your flying skills.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

Last edited by Jim T.; Dec 07, 2021 at 02:47 PM..
Dec 07, 2021, 02:43 PM
DFS#000178
Are there any upgrades over the Taft version?

Not that I've heard anything bad about the Taft version, just curious.
Dec 07, 2021, 02:45 PM
Lights and oleo struts for one. Upgrade motor on the Racer.

95a instead of 80a ESC... Among others I think. Stuart goes over them all in the HK video..
Dec 07, 2021, 03:37 PM
Lol check the Aussie warehouse for spares - "hurry less than 2 in stock".

Nice looking 6 cell warbird otherwise.
Dec 08, 2021, 12:11 AM
Yep, I was about to order that red, white and blue spinner - but gone already... (EU)
Dec 08, 2021, 12:28 AM
Aircraft Development Hobbyking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmidtsKatze
Yep, I was about to order that red, white and blue spinner - but gone already... (EU)
More due in next week in the EU.

S.
Latest blog entry: My Channel
Dec 08, 2021, 12:56 AM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up…

Is the 16x6 Scimitar good for the high power motor setup?
Dec 08, 2021, 04:03 AM
When do we get our HK UK warehouse back Stuart? Or are we expected to just accept higher costs?
Last edited by PilotsSummer; Dec 08, 2021 at 04:06 AM. Reason: HK and Stuart
Dec 08, 2021, 04:39 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
H-King Yak-11 Red Reno Racer EPO 1450mm PNF (57") 6S power RC plane Unboxing (26 min 27 sec)
Dec 08, 2021, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotsSummer
When do we get our HK UK warehouse back Stuart? Or are we expected to just accept higher costs?
I don't have any update on that but I do know that we are also working on better shipping options to the UK from the EU WH.

S.
Dec 08, 2021, 09:17 AM
MRC Fanboy (per Jason M.)
Really impressed that the racer version is not just a different scheme, but a different motor/prop setup for the speed guys! I like this approach to a new offering, hope to see that more in the future as well!
Dec 08, 2021, 01:36 PM
JohnVHRC
How to build it and what you get in the box.

H-King Yak-11 Russian WW2 Warbird EPO 1450mm (57") UNBOXING AND BUILD REVIEW From HOBBYKING Yak 11 (14 min 3 sec)
Latest blog entry: a 7yr olds first RC flight!
Dec 08, 2021, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Really impressed that the racer version is not just a different scheme, but a different motor/prop setup for the speed guys! I like this approach to a new offering, hope to see that more in the future as well!
Thank you Jason for the feedback, glad you like it.

S.
Dec 08, 2021, 02:31 PM
Agreed - great approach..,

I just hope this is not the easy way out and a way to avoid coming out with a EFXtra XL… Still waiting for that one - hand launchable, 6S, and 150 mph.
Dec 08, 2021, 07:43 PM
It's all about scale models!
If there was an existing foamie that deserved an upgrade, this Yak was a great choice and I think HK improved the things that could stand improving -- paint, landing gear struts/retracts, and adding lights (clearly the original Taft foam showed provision for adding LED lights). I think this will be a big seller for HK, especially after more flight videos get out. Having made the "single seat" canopy for my SteadFast conversion, I can see where offering an alternate battery hatch with single canopy would be a big seller. Stuart?

Quick Reply