This thread is privately moderated by vonBird, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 05, 2021, 12:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My education about aircraft.

This is my Dad and me in the early '90s. My Dad's approach to building aircraft, was to make as many small improvements to the traditional aircraft as possible and to set standards even higher than may be possible. Most of his aircraft surpassed, even his own standards.

My education about building aircraft came from hundreds of hours in discussion with him about every aspect of aircraft design and development, particularly of this one but many of his earlier aircraft too. I started asking questions at an early age from climbing thru every square inch of the Excalibur and Merlin production lines as a child.

This was his career:
http://airportjournals.com/ed-swearingen/
Last edited by vonBird; Dec 13, 2021 at 02:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2021, 12:48 AM
Thread OP
From my experimentation I found that my Dad was right, but I have an interest in experimenting with ideas that are not considered traditional. Not a lot of crazy ideas, but a couple things I wanted to explore.
Last edited by vonBird; Jan 06, 2022 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply