Dec 03, 2021, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Merry Christmas

Hi All have'nt been in here for a while but merry xmas to all and have a wonderful new year happy flapping to all
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2021, 05:52 PM
merry flapping and a happy new plumage!
Dec 04, 2021, 08:56 PM
Merry Christmas! I still check in here all the time, but I really should post more. Still pushing ahead on my elaborate 4DOF feathered wings I've finally reached the point that there's little doubt I can make them and they will work, only a question of how good the aerodynamic performance will be. My test wing now folds and unfolds smoothly while also being load-bearing (tested up to 1400g, but only 1kg shown because my arm kept shaking too much when stretched out to get a good photo with the third hunk of aluminum on it ). Still a few tweaks to make to the skeleton, and figuring out the propatagium, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Canada goose may be a good model for human flight, but was a terrible choice for prototyping So many feathers... But thanks to my murderous cat, I was able to procure a pair of robin wings a few months ago, and am currently picking one apart to create a new set of feather molds from it. Only 9 primaries and 9 secondaries, versus 10 primaries and 19 secondaries for the goose. My first pair of flight-worthy wings will be made from that scaled up 4x to about 1.4m wingspan.

I'm also able to make cycloidal drives now. The first-generation design that I posted here a couple years ago is mostly complete, but will likely remain that way as I'm already onto the next-gen even-more-awesomely-integrated design, using a second cycloidal for the wing sweep axis and compound planetary gears for humerus twist.
Dec 18, 2021, 07:34 AM
Thread OP
great work
Dec 19, 2021, 06:51 AM
K Kakuta
Merry Christmas!
Dec 23, 2021, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
merry christmas Kazu i wish you and your family loved ones joy and happiness and a great 2022
Dec 23, 2021, 12:19 AM
Thread OP
merry Christmas All i wish you and your families loved ones joy and happiness and a great 2022 lets hope its better then 2021. I have been so busy with work and hobby stuff this year .I am glad to have 10 days break over the Christmas period . Here is some pictures of my 3 main past times// hobbies Rc/ornithopters mainly a new tail for my 2.2 meter bird . It is next to a lazy hawk tail for some perspective of size .The tail isn't quite finished but will be over Christmas In there is also is a picture of a home brew hazy ipa which is a second hobby brewing craft beers . The second picture is of my 1928 pick up streetrod which is hobby number three cheers and enjoy happy flapping to all
Last edited by therealthing691; Dec 27, 2021 at 07:22 AM.
Dec 24, 2021, 08:16 PM
K Kakuta
Merry Xmas!
Xmas Songs LITTLE JAMMER PEANUTS JAM  
Xmas Songs クリスマスソング LITTLE JAMMER PEANUTS JAM  ピーナッツ ジャム (5 min 54 sec)
Dec 25, 2021, 03:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kaku
Merry Xmas!
Xmas Songs LITTLE JAMMER PEANUTS JAM  
https://youtu.be/J2rc5aScS9o
Very very cool love it
Dec 26, 2021, 10:51 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Merry Xmas and a happy new year!!!
Dec 26, 2021, 11:41 PM
Thread OP
Same to you Sam my friend and your loved ones Enjoy
Last edited by therealthing691; Dec 27, 2021 at 05:56 AM.
Dec 27, 2021, 05:54 AM
Thread OP
Finished the tail for this hope the metal gear servo holds up
Dec 28, 2021, 03:58 PM
Nice big bird Brian the tail looks decent and the cars are pretty. I know it is difficult to decide between two passions but Looking forward to see your orni fly. have a great new year @ll
Dec 29, 2021, 12:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantiel
Nice big bird Brian the tail looks decent and the cars are pretty. I know it is difficult to decide between two passions but Looking forward to see your orni fly. have a great new year @ll
Same to you and yours Dantiel enjoy

Quick Reply