NEW RealFlight 9.5S / RF9.5S (S = Steam) - Video

RealFlight® 9.5S adds more features to the #1 RC flight simulator in the world, including new aircraft, AMA Flying Site 4, and the benefits of being delivered exclusively via Steam.

Splash

RealFlight 9.5S / RF9.5S – The world’s #1 RC Flight Simulator just got BETTER!

RealFlight® is the #1 RC flight simulator in the world! It’s the absolute best tool new RC pilots can use when learning how to fly. It also makes it possible for experienced RC pilots to practice new maneuvers and to hone their skills so they can become even better pilots.

RealFlight 9.5S / RF9.5S – The world’s #1 RC Flight Simulator just got BETTER! (1 min 6 sec)

Please visit https://www.horizonhobby.com/product.../RFL1200S.html... for more information on the RealFlight 9.5S RC Flight Simulator.

With more than 175 different aircraft to fly — including airplanes, helicopters, drones, and more — at over 40 different flying sites, plus the ability to edit aircraft and sites, there’s an almost infinite number of flying options available. Add in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons, game-like challenges, multiplayer options so you can fly and compete with other pilots online, compatibility with VR headsets, and many, many more features, and you have everything you need to succeed at the field — because you can “fly” on a desktop at home, or on a laptop just about anywhere else!

RealFlight 9.5S adds more of the most popular aircraft from the Best Brands in RC, along with the AMA Headquarters’ International Aeromodeling Center (IAC) Flying Site 4, to provide an experience you simply can’t get anywhere else. And it’s now delivered exclusively via Steam®, which is the world’s largest digital distribution platform for PC games and simulators! Steam eliminates the need to use DVDs and compatible drives for installation, provides seamless and automatic software updates, and even allows you to install RF9.5S on multiple PCs using the Steam Client and your account. There’s no serial number to lose over time and it’s easier than ever to add RealFlight to additional PCs in the future!

RF9.5S is available as software only, or with the Spektrum® InterLink® DX simulator controller modeled after Spektrum transmitters including all standard switch locations and functions so it works just like your favorite radio!

Dec 03, 2021, 03:32 AM
“Exclusively by steam”. What does that mean for us who have the disc version? No more updates?
Dec 04, 2021, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB.in.UK
“Exclusively by steam”. What does that mean for us who have the disc version? No more updates?
You can exchange your key for a Steam key. Then you can get your updates through Steam. From what I can tell, the Disc version will remain in the version it is right now.
Dec 04, 2021, 02:09 PM
📌📌📌📌📌📌
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB.in.UK
Steam gaming platform was invented to stop piracy.

most people in this hobby are not young nor play video games

HH would be shooting themselves in the foot if they ever ditch the DVD version
Dec 04, 2021, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domowoi
You can exchange your key for a Steam key. Then you can get your updates through Steam. From what I can tell, the Disc version will remain in the version it is right now.
Does anyone know how to do this? I have RF 9.5 on disc but I would prefer the Steam version.
Dec 04, 2021, 09:44 PM
If there was a route to update older versions that didn't cost $200, I would happily buy it. I have Realflight 7.5 and it does everything I need it to do, but it would be nice to have some newer models.
Dec 05, 2021, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
Does anyone know how to do this? I have RF 9.5 on disc but I would prefer the Steam version.
Go to the product page or here on the 8th of December.
Dec 05, 2021, 02:48 AM
Extra Class Radio Op
I wish they would release the entire Horizon Hobby catalog on RealFlight. Past and present.
Dec 06, 2021, 12:11 AM
📌📌📌📌📌📌
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballwiz
I wish they would release the entire Horizon Hobby catalog on RealFlight. Past and present.
why ? do you sleep better flying your models on the sim instead of another that flies very similar ?
Dec 06, 2021, 10:20 AM
Horizon Hobby PD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1
If there was a route to update older versions that didn't cost $200, I would happily buy it. I have Realflight 7.5 and it does everything I need it to do, but it would be nice to have some newer models.
The software only version is $99. If you still have the Interlink from 7.5, it'll still work with the latest version of RF.
Dec 06, 2021, 11:22 AM
I just wish they had a Mac version - I'm not going to go out and buy a PC just for this one simulator. I could spend the money I'd spend on a PC on a new plane instead!
Dec 06, 2021, 01:12 PM
📌📌📌📌📌📌
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprzout
I just wish they had a Mac version
what about the Steam edition ? will it run on Mac ?
Dec 08, 2021, 01:05 PM
You will have to use Parallels (or similar emulation software) to run this on your Mac. I have ordered RealFlight 9.5s and when it comes I will report on it’s performance on the Mac running Parallels with Windows 11.

If you want an RC flight simulator that runs natively on the Mac, get Aerofly RC 7 or Aerofly RC 8 available in the App Store. It is excellent.
Dec 08, 2021, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddogpt
You will have to use Parallels (or similar emulation software) to run this on your Mac. I have ordered RealFlight 9.5s and when it comes I will report on it’s performance on the Mac running Parallels with Windows 11.

If you want an RC flight simulator that runs natively on the Mac, get Aerofly RC 7 or Aerofly RC 8 available in the App Store. It is excellent.
Yep, already got Aerofly RC 7 on my Mac...I just like the RealFlight software a touch better. I've had people tell me to just run a Boot Camp on my system, but I then need a copy of Windows to run it.

Ehhh...For the cost of what it would take, maybe I'm just better off with Aerofly...
Dec 08, 2021, 09:34 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Just did the update.

It still completely corrupts my display. If you can imagine a unicorn vomiting random colours all over the place, you'll have a pretty good idea what it looks like.

If you have a current gen GPU, IE: RX6x00/RX6x00XT or RTX 3000 series, do not run it. You will have to hard reset your PC.

Quick Reply