This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 30, 2021, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Orbital Pegasus R/C Rocket glider

Hi all, here are two that I just finished. They are upscales of R/C rocket glider kits I have produced in 2.6" diameter, but these are one off's just for me using BT-101 tubing and 3-d lightweight printed cones from Scott Binder, most markings from stickershock with some hand cut accents and fine line sharpie detailing. Both have very similar specs, 33-37" wingspan, 56-60" lengths, weights dry 24.5 ounces as shown, with 29mm H-13 longburn motor, add 7.25oz for rtf weight.
Uses 9mm depron sheet for flight surfaces with 1/8" carbon spar reinforcement. Pretty happy with how they turned out. They both use tail surfaces only for roll and pitch like the smaller versions.

First is an Orbital Sciences Pegasus XL Second is an upscale of the Estes Space Transporter America with wing upsized for glide(which looks more proportional to me than the original).

Waiting for some more springlike weather and my latest rocket motor order to arrive for maidens.

Frank
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2021, 06:14 PM
Very cool. I do High powered rocketry as well. Was thinking of doing something like this. I have a buddy who is working on a 38mm X-15 we may try.
Dec 01, 2021, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Nice, light weight is the key, using fiberglass/large motors kill glide performance, what size/weight are you thinking of for your X-15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_28r_200
Very cool. I do High powered rocketry as well. Was thinking of doing something like this. I have a buddy who is working on a 38mm X-15 we may try.

Quick Reply