This thread is privately moderated by USKP01261, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 30, 2021, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Gallery

Jamara Sunriser

MODEL: Sunriser
DESIGNER: Jamara (germany)
DATE: 1995-ish
WING SPAN (in): 97.5
WING AREA (in^2): 608
AIRFOIL: Eppler 205
LENGTH (in): 48.5
AUW (oz): 48.5
W/L(oz/sq-ft): 11.5
POWER: turnigy 2830 motor with (I think) 10x6 prop
NOTES: Very nifty twin boom design (nifty but fragile). This was from an ARF kit w/ some mods to wing joiner areas for additional shear web/strength. Per the notes on the manual: “The well-known record pilot Dr. Hackstein, set two world records with a flight time of approx. 10 hours and a distance of 240 km”. Modified fuse for brushless motor. Larger than necessary 3S, 11.1V, 2200 mah lipo and 4.8v, sub-c 3600 mah receiver battery - I think because it was designed for large NiCd battery needed the additional weight in the nose to get proper CG. Original RCM, review published AUW was ~50oz so not too far off of that.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2021, 10:10 AM
Friend of Foam
Wow, love the covering job! A rare bird for sure. I just picked one of these up recently and would totally agree on the fragile nature of the booms. I was surpised at the weight needed in the nose to achiece the CG. I like the use of the connector on the rudders, I might need to try something like that. The left rudder is clearly the moving force with both, the right one barely moves in either direction. I'm looking forward to maidening mine next year, or at some point when the winds die down. Thanks for the pics, looks great!
Latest blog entry: Gallery
Dec 02, 2021, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Thanks, Mate! Your Sunriser looks REAL SWELL, too!! Love that trans green to see the rib cage I'm in the same boat as you: To be honest I'm more nervous than usual to maiden this guy - I've already decided that when a boom breaks I'm gonna try to retrofit for carbon fiber booms For the rudder connection - used a pretty light duty CF rod & some DU-BRO micro clevis (I think for 0.032 pushrod).

I'll post a post maiden flight report It's such a neat aiframe

Quick Reply