Apr 08, 2007, 01:53 PM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer
A while back there was discussion of several different ways to attach aileron servo's into the servo wells.I use to do the shrink wrap on the servo's,and epoxy them in,but had noticed it increased the height of the servo causing the servo covers to stick up a bit too high.Then tried Soho's method of Gooping them in straight to balsa,worked great.Came time to get them out and using the heat gun and twisting them worked perfectly.no damage to the servo,the covering ,nothing.slowly is the key
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2007, 03:04 PM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmare
A while back there was discussion of several different ways to attach aileron servo's into the servo wells.I use to do the shrink wrap on the servo's,and epoxy them in,but had noticed it increased the height of the servo causing the servo covers to stick up a bit too high.Then tried Soho's method of Gooping them in straight to balsa,worked great.Came time to get them out and using the heat gun and twisting them worked perfectly.no damage to the servo,the covering ,nothing.slowly is the key
"TECHNIQUE!!! TECHNIQUE!!!" Tony Little
Apr 09, 2007, 10:01 PM
Back in the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolw
Started to repair my broken wing.

//Peter

how are you repairing it? interested in how people do it for further reference...

i'd glue it on and reinforce with a carbon fiber? (internally)
Apr 10, 2007, 12:19 AM
<- Balsa flies better ->
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying evader
how are you repairing it? interested in how people do it for further reference...

i'd glue it on and reinforce with a carbon fiber? (internally)
Check my blog . You'll find plenty of repair tips

//Peter
Apr 10, 2007, 12:58 AM
Back in the game
thanks. looks good. that'll hold nicely.
Apr 13, 2007, 10:05 PM
Tree Hater
Well.................

Haven't crashed due to stupidity for awhile so I guess I was due.

Low and slow..............in goes the Bandit.

I was lucky this time. I got careless over a (thankfully) muddy field and watched the dreaded stall, spin, crash scenario play-out right before me. Oops.

Bandit flies great = but keep the speed up in those turns, eh?

Rick
Apr 13, 2007, 10:33 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Ya, soft mud will save you most of the time!.... Just ask Jay about stall/spin accidents with the bandit.. Once I got mine too slow and it just dropped a wing and went in so fast I was stupified.... Always better to walk for it, go around or overshoot than to stall..
Apr 13, 2007, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Just ask Jay about stall/spin accidents with the bandit.. ..

Where is Jay? He's been MIA all week?

Jim
Apr 13, 2007, 10:46 PM
Tree Hater
Sometimes when the plane's quite a distance away it doesn't seem so slow...............

I guess my judgment isn't what it once was. My new strategy: fly faster = less time to screw up.

rick
Apr 13, 2007, 11:08 PM
LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
I would really love to see a video of a 40 Oz Bandit landing, so I could get a visual on landing speed.. I'm kind of worried about trying to slow down just that little bit too much..
Mine is all complete, just waiting on a chance that I can get reasonable weather, suitable field and time away from the family.. It's going to happen real soon. I'll be sure to report back.

Luke
Apr 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
Tree Hater
If your Bandit is 40 oz it should be a pussycat. Point it into the wind and let it land. If it doesn't want to, that's why you need spoilerons.
Apr 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Thanks Rick..
I have Spoilers setup, just need to do a little higher altitude testing to fine tune them. Will see how I feel after the first landing..
Oh yeah, I think my Bandit is actually about 42-44 Oz.

-3S2P 4200 (2x3S-2100 Prolite)
-AXI 2826/8
-PH80
-3xHS81MG
-BERG7

Luke
Apr 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
<- Balsa flies better ->
This should be around 42oz, a bit hard to see but it bounced on last years grass, it's very easy too land at a comfortable speed. But it'll bite if you you're too comfortable

//Peter
Apr 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
Tree Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKC
Thanks Rick..
I have Spoilers setup, just need to do a little higher altitude testing to fine tune them. Will see how I feel after the first landing..
Oh yeah, I think my Bandit is actually about 42-44 Oz.

-3S2P 4200 (2x3S-2100 Prolite)
-AXI 2826/8
-PH80
-3xHS81MG
-BERG7

Luke
That's pretty much my setup.

Try the spoilers on a level flyby about 100 feet up so you can see what it does. I'm looking for neutral to a VERY SLIGHT pitch up. If it pitches up too much into the wind it will balloon and stall.
Apr 19, 2007, 12:53 PM

Bandit / Absolute / Kamelot

Hi Jay,

I've been away for a while.

Do you plane to continue importing the FVK line?

If so, could you please list the latest pricing and delivery dates for the three planes above.

Thanks,

Eric

Quick Reply