Aug 07, 2005, 10:28 PM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Gallery

Group Buy: FVK Bandit

Ok, some of you guys have been wondering what happened to the Bandit, well its still there FVK doesn't have any dealers in the United States. So I contacted them and asked if it would be ok if I did a group buy. Jiri informed me that it would ok. So if you ever wanted a Bandit NOW is the time to order 1 or 2. If you look on FVK's site they offer the bandit at 149 euro or ~$185 us. So here is what is needed to get the bandit over here.

1. I would like to get an order for 20 planes.
2. I am going to handle the funds transfer, the shipping from Germany, and the purchase of shipping boxes, insurance AND shipping to your home CONUSA.
3. Turn around time is going to be 4-6 weeks by my estimate, but I will keep everyone updated.
4. There will be no servicing giving by me save for the delivery of a perfect flyable Bandit.
5. If there is another FVK plane you would like email me and let me know so we can figure out the pricing (signals and sunracer will slow up the order by another two weeks).
6. Price for the Bandit is $199 to your door, I need to get the payments PRIOR to placing the order with FVK. Once I get enough people, I will let you know where to send payment.

If you guys like this idea and you want to place an order let me know.

Thanks,

Jay
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2005, 10:57 PM
Upside down Miss Jane....
This is how I started. It only grows from here

I can't think of a better way to go about ordering planes that aren't available locally from overseas than this. It takes a lot of time, effort and energy to organise doing this, but the best part is everybody wins. So guys if you want a bandit, support Jay.

Looks like a great opportunity to get a one model S5B class going too. Hmmm S5B1.

cheers, Shawn
Aug 07, 2005, 11:44 PM
Life is such a brainfart.
Great idea Jay!!!

I ordered my bandit from Jiri directly as the dealer in Australia loads a high price markup on the FVK models. Saved $100 one 1 model alone!!! This hobby can get really expensive so its great when someone makes an offer like this!
Aug 08, 2005, 12:22 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
Good idea Jay , seems quite a few people in the states are trying to get hold of one .But it does sound a bit like Ralph Nader opening up a car yard with Corvairs & VW beetles .
Aug 08, 2005, 12:44 AM
Upside down Miss Jane....
Funny how its just us Aussies replying (ok its probably stupid O'clock stateside), but is it really a reflection of the support we get locally that we have to get behind and gee up Jay, even though there is buckleys chance we will be getting a bandit from him (its not that we wouldn't if we were in the US)

I don't mean to take this offthread, but it just seems funny (in that sorta wierd funny way if you know what I mean )

Anyway I say go for it. If it all turns pear shaped, you'll be flying bandits for the rest of your life. LOL
Aug 08, 2005, 01:41 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
I did notice it was just Aussies but there`s been a few posts not long ago about people in the States after a Bandit . I reckon he`ll sell them , there a tuff plane that can take a lot of abuse & pack up real small . A lot of regular flyers will already have a power system that will go in & if reasonably priced they make a great take anywhere plane that is a lot more fun to fly than a Zagi .
I remember seeing what they were paying for them in the U.S & what we were paying for them here . Over here you`d be better off spending $100- more & getting a fully moulded plane .
Aug 08, 2005, 07:43 AM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Yeah... I am really doing it as a service. I actually thought of being an FVK dealer, they make a lot of good planes, but I don't want to service them, keep inventory, etc... But a group buy will get the bandit back in the states. And yes the irony of ME doing it isn't loss on me.
Aug 08, 2005, 07:59 AM
The really good deals are when you can find the manufacturer of the planes. I was in direct contact with the guy who makes the FVK Boomerang a few years ago and the price I was quoted from him was about half (!) of the FVK list price.

Just a sidenote: I have no idea who makes the Bandit.

/Erik
Aug 08, 2005, 11:04 AM
Jay - best to keep the valuation of your shipment below $2000 for customs. If it is going to be higher, then add ~ $300 or more to your costs on this side of the pond.
Aug 08, 2005, 02:28 PM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift
Jay - best to keep the valuation of your shipment below $2000 for customs. If it is going to be higher, then add ~ $300 or more to your costs on this side of the pond.

Offfff... good point Russ. Ok just looking for 10 bandits. As for the manufactur of bandits, I don't know who does it...

Jay
Aug 08, 2005, 03:07 PM
somewhere in South America
Why all this effort for a Bandit? Other than price, it has no redeeming qualities for a beginning F5B-style pilot, because it's harder to fly than many other entry-level hotlinerish planes. We've been there, done that, haven't we? I know that history repeats itself, I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly...

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Aug 08, 2005, 04:02 PM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredAir
Why all this effort for a Bandit? Other than price, it has no redeeming qualities for a beginning F5B-style pilot, because it's harder to fly than many other entry-level hotlinerish planes. We've been there, done that, haven't we? I know that history repeats itself, I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly...

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Good question Dieter. I really just thought I would help out a few people who wanted to get this particular plane as it isn't easy to get. But if you can put me in contact with a better vendor/plane I will gladly do a group purchase for that. I am open to suggestions...
Aug 08, 2005, 04:15 PM
somewhere in South America
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
Good question Dieter. I really just thought I would help out a few people who wanted to get this particular plane as it isn't easy to get. But if you can put me in contact with a better vendor/plane I will gladly do a group purchase for that. I am open to suggestions...
Well, the Sprinter comes to mind. It's available from dealers in California and Florida, so unless you're eager to generate a lot of work for yourself, why not just buy that? I haven't flown either a Bandit or a Sprinter (I haven't even seen a Sprinter), so I'm crawling out on a limb, but I'd bet the Sprinter is more suited toward aspiring S5B pilots. And it costs a bit less than $200. Just a thought...

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Aug 08, 2005, 04:44 PM
BANNED!!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredAir
Well, the Sprinter comes to mind. It's available from dealers in California and Florida, so unless you're eager to generate a lot of work for yourself, why not just buy that? I haven't flown either a Bandit or a Sprinter (I haven't even seen a Sprinter), so I'm crawling out on a limb, but I'd bet the Sprinter is more suited toward aspiring S5B pilots. And it costs a bit less than $200. Just a thought...

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
I have seen the sprinter, and to be honest it is on par with the GP siren. It may be a bit faster, but none of these planes hold energy well. No this was just an attempt to bring the plane back to the states. A few years ago the bandit was going for $169 pluss shipping. Getting it in at $199 considering the price of the euro is a pretty good service. No worries, I am just doing this to help others out, if no one responds its no big deal.
Aug 08, 2005, 05:04 PM
I guess it's that time of the year again - nothing else is happening, so, "let's all bad mouth the Bandit".

You havent' seen or flown a Bandit ??? No worries, just down it anyway, someone will believe you.

Brian

Quick Reply