Nov 28, 2021, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Heim Bell 222.

Back in the days of the Merced California helicopter fly in I had the opportunity to see multi European Champion Ewald Heim fly one of his Star Ranger helicopters. The combination of the helicopter and Ewald’s flying style left a definite impression on me. That impression lasted quite a few years. One day while browsing through EBay I discovered a NIB kit of a Heim Bell 222. Regardless of how high the bidding went I was determined that the helicopter would be mine. I was astonished that at the end of bidding that I was the winner at $185.00. This has been an off and on project for me as my current main interest in R/C is pattern and soaring. My interest in this project was renewed when I found an ad on another site for a partial kit. Fate must be wanting me to finish this heli as I just received a complete mechanics set, a new OS 61 FSR ABC and the best part of all, the factory Heim tuned pipe and header. I will over the next few days post some pictures of upgrades I have done but the completion of the heli will unfortunately remain quite slow due to other projects being worked on at the same time.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2021, 05:33 PM
Great, looking forward to following it.

Quick Reply