Aug 07, 2005, 05:42 PM
..full opposite rudder..
Thread OP

Riva Aquarama

Good evening,

I think there comes a time in a chaps boat modelling career when he just has the urge to build a Riva Aquarama: very much like the urge to build a Spitfire when one has ones flying helmet on.

I was after a spot of advice really on the way to go with this one. Ideally, I would like a Kit with everything nicely laser cut and all the fittings nicely cast etc. Failing that I would settle for a nice set of plans. Are there any good kits out there for me to buy or any reliably drawn plans?

BTW, if one does a google image search for 'Riva Aquarama' one seems to get two subtly different boats: the aft of one is rather flat and the other alot more rounded (its the rounded one I'm after if I have a choice lol) although I'm not sure why this difference should be?

I've done a spot of searching myself and have come across the Euromodels and Amati kits but both have that curious flat back. (There is a difference isn't there? or am i going mad?)

Sorry if this subject has been thrashed to death previously but I'm relatively new here and haven't sussed the search bit yet.

Thanks

Jack
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2005, 05:55 PM
..full opposite rudder..
Thread OP

Riva Aquarama 'Special'

Ok, I've done some more research (+ some translation) and its the 'Riva Aquarama Special' I'd like to build.

Thanks for looking,

Jack
Aug 07, 2005, 06:33 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
If you do a search on of the forums, several people have inquired and built Riva's.
I believe the plans they use are coming from "Traplet"

http://www.traplethouse.com/

The plans can then be enlarged and modified to the version of your choice.
Aug 07, 2005, 06:40 PM
..full opposite rudder..
Thread OP

Typical

Isn't it always the way, I posted the second message in this thread and then... I find a construction thread in the sticky section of this form. Typical. Thanks for the link anyway.

That looks like the baby for me!

Jack
Aug 26, 2005, 11:52 PM
Hi guys I'm new to this forum but having seen pictures of the Riva aquarama I knew I had to have one. First off some one gave me a lead to Traplet publications I ordered a set on the 11th 17days ago still waiting that is the not so good news what is good modelexpo have a 20% off sale that 100 bucks off the Amati kit so its on order tonight. if you guys are interested I'll keep you posted as to quality, and if I build it as much info as you want and pictures as I go along
David AKA The Brit
Aug 27, 2005, 01:24 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Fudi,
If this forum has been good for anything, it has been that it has allowed so many builders to share their constuction progress and how to's.

We would love to see you keep a build up thread here.

Aug 27, 2005, 09:37 AM
yes we would.
i second umi's feelings.
skip
Sep 05, 2005, 10:49 AM
My Amati Riva Aquarama should be arriving tomorrow if that isnt enough I located a guy in Sweeden who has an original 1/10th set of blue prints for a Riva Super Ariston runabout they are enroute to me. Does this pique your interest ?
Sep 10, 2005, 10:48 PM

Aquarama v Ariston

Update on the Amatia Aquarama kit firstly its contents I was impressed with the metal parts The hull and seats are all solid resin moulded so it weighs a ton and to motorise for R/C would in my opinion perform like a tug. The other points are that all instructions are in Italian although if you are an expierenced builder you should be able to build it Ok! I decided not to keep it and have since returned it.
Since that time I have aquired an original 1/10th set of plans from Seweden of another Riva boat the "Super Ariston" Italian [for the best] Carlo Riva considered this design his best having checked different web sites I am unsure if I agree however seeing as how these plans show all the stations stringers engine/cockpit details at least I can build a 1/4 scale frome them since the original is around 22 ft that would give me a nice size to work with about 5.6ft I'll keep you posted
The Brit

Quick Reply