Nov 27, 2021, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Shaping a Profile Fuselage-Avoiding The Dust

If I had a deluxe belt sander with a dust collector it'd work well. I don't therefore, is there a quick way to remove a lot of balsa and avoid so much dust?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2021, 08:46 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Small razor plane.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/colle...ts/razor-plane
Nov 27, 2021, 08:53 PM
Beach Bum
Surform and/or rasp should work well.
Nov 28, 2021, 09:57 AM
Take it outside where the dust doesn't matter. Those other ideas will help also.
Nov 29, 2021, 01:34 AM
I have begun to show allergic reaction to balsa dust, decades of sanding means I now need to use a filtered mask for major sanding assignments or cough my guts out for hours. A mask is a simple way to enjoy building :P
Nov 29, 2021, 02:12 AM
Diesel Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azryl
I have begun to show allergic reaction to balsa dust, decades of sanding means I now need to use a filtered mask for major sanding assignments or cough my guts out for hours. A mask is a simple way to enjoy building :P
It seems that masks are readily available nowadays
Nov 30, 2021, 09:26 PM

& It seems .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny mz
It seems that masks are readily available nowadays
..... it seems that they will be with us for the near foreseeable future! There's a new twist to the Covid19 Pandemic. Laramie.

Quick Reply