Nov 30, 2021, 03:29 PM
Here is something else, also discontinued but.....................
When you are talking DSMX, your choices are kinda limited.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/40300242820...Condition=1000
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2021, 03:56 PM
there used to be non fpv whoops from boldclash and betafpv that came with little gamepad style txs for <$50 that flew really well out of the box.

I guess those don't exist anymore. too bad.
Nov 30, 2021, 05:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop
https://www.ebay.com/itm/37371420042...MAAOSwRAthOTBh

About half the price. Almost $100 for the original Inductrix is pretty steep for a brushed whoop.
Can I chuck the RTF Tx and hook my Spektrum Tx up to it?
Nov 30, 2021, 06:09 PM
yep.
Nov 30, 2021, 06:31 PM
Thread OP
Arrrgh! I'm torn. The only worry with the hovercraft is we don't have a ton of tile for that. Is it a stable flier in the air? I assume finding parts for both Inductrix is a problem?
Nov 30, 2021, 08:18 PM
I haven't flown one but, I would assume anything from blade will fly well. As for binding to spektrum yes it can and all 65mm brushed whoops like the Inductrix can interchange parts so you could use a cockroach frame from newbeedrone if the stock ever breaks it, you wouldn't be able to swap back to a hovercraft with a different frame though.
Nov 30, 2021, 11:00 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
The smaller pillow shaped batteries aren't the easiest to find any more, but . . . for cheap & can take a good bashing . . . for kicks I found, from a few different people on Ebay, the old JJRC H36 brushed Whoop that comes with a battery, little charger and a toy size controller that has a good 250 - 300' range . . . which should get him around the living room . . . I've used the long thin Whoop batts on it with some foam to help hold them in place & shouldn't be more than $30 shipped, which is still $10+ over priced, but . . . I take mine outside at night in Summer with my LOS brushed Whoop group & the little thing doesn't do bad at all. I got started with Whoops with that & a Furibee before I got my first B03 . . . which you can't find any more. It really is a fun little Whoop for LOS & is so light I doubt it could break much of anything it would hit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402096422751

This is the only one I found here in the states, rest I saw need the slow boat to get here.
Nov 30, 2021, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyboy
Thanks. I checked those out.
I don't know if he'll be into the FPV Goggles. It might be overkill.
He's 91. I worry the Goggles will make him dizzy (motion sickness).
Almost everyone needs to sit down and do FPV at first. But after a while you get used to it and can stand and fly FPV then. No shame in sitting down to do it.
Nov 30, 2021, 11:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
Almost everyone needs to sit down and do FPV at first. But after a while you get used to it and can stand and fly FPV then. No shame in sitting down to do it.
Where are they located? I'm not seeing an address on their site. I don't want anything that's shipping directly in from out of the country. Only because it's getting close to Christmas. Shipping is insane right now. I want to buy some thing here in the States.
Dec 01, 2021, 12:42 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
DRL sits and flies FPV. Not that I can fly like that, but . . . I would much rather sit when I fly FPV. I do the vast majority of my flying out the back on the deck, or drag a couple chairs up the drive to clear the house. I sit in one & put my box of batts, extra monitor & stuff on the other facing me & and am set for a good hour or more flying round the hood. I'm just way more comfortable. Even when I head over to the park, I'll sit on the trunk of the car if there's no chairs or benches. I don't find it any different flying FPV standing, just more comfortable sitting & I still get my exercise getting up outta the chair to go fetch the critter when it clips a branch or an invisible wire trap & sends it tumbling.

I do prefer to fly LOS standing, and mostly my night time LOS Whoop Group out front and I'm usually moving around to keep a good eye on the critters. I also tend to bend and twist and lean more when I'm flying LOS because I know that helps it fly better . . . 8^}

Quick Reply