Nov 26, 2021, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Tinyhawk 2 flashing red and blue

I am new to this and started with a Tinyhawk 2. I was flying the drone outside and went through several batteries. The drone started to sputter and dropped to the ground. I replaced the battery. At first it sputtered then smoothed out. Flew another battery and all was fine. Changed batteries and flew but then the drone dropped again. It flashed red. I connected to Betaflight . Accelerometer was off and re calibrated. I did get all of the motors to run in betaflight.

Flashed MATEKF411X.
Now it flashes red and blue but it will not turn on using my controller. The controller is a TBS tango 2 with multiprotocol module.

What do I need to do to get this flying again?

Thank you,
Bone
Last edited by Mikeyb1r; Nov 26, 2021 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Add video
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2021, 03:46 AM
Make sure you took the flight controller out of boot mode, and remember, it won't arm with a USB connected. There could perhaps be a faulty connection somewhere on the board which may be causing problems. Look at all of the connections thoroughly, and make sure they are all as they should be.
Nov 29, 2021, 03:40 PM
If you flashed the firmware, you most likely need to fully set it up again. Bind your radio, setup your channels, etc.. Basically setting it up from scratch again.
Nov 29, 2021, 03:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some kid
Make sure you took the flight controller out of boot mode, and remember, it won't arm with a USB connected. There could perhaps be a faulty connection somewhere on the board which may be causing problems. Look at all of the connections thoroughly, and make sure they are all as they should be.
I went over the drone and could not find any lose connections.

I did get it to bind. The controller would say that telemetry has been found and telemetry has been lost as I plug and unplug the drone.

It now has a solid blue light with a blinking red light. I can see that the arm and throttle are working in beta flight but it still will not spin up the motors.

I had the battery connected and the drone connected to betaflight. The drone started beeping, It has not done this beep sequence before.

I noticed warmth from the Micro controller. Is this a bad flight controller?

Any help would be appreciated.
Nov 29, 2021, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb1r View Post
I went over the drone and could not find any lose connections.

I did get it to bind. The controller would say that telemetry has been found and telemetry has been lost as I plug and unplug the drone.

It now has a solid blue light with a blinking red light. I can see that the arm and throttle are working in beta flight but it still will not spin up the motors.

I had the battery connected and the drone connected to betaflight. The drone started beeping, It has not done this beep sequence before.

I noticed warmth from the Micro controller. Is this a bad flight controller?

Any help would be appreciated.
Warmth is quite normal, have you tried flicking the arm switch?
Nov 30, 2021, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Yes
Nov 30, 2021, 12:44 PM
You will not be able to arm when connected to BF Configurator, this is by design. Disconnect it, set it down, see if it arms.
Nov 30, 2021, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
It still will not work.

Quick Reply