Nov 26, 2021, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Jeti newbie needs tech advice

Hi,

I am still new to Jeti systems. I have only configured one helicopter so far.

Now I want to get a 12 REX Assist EPC receiver for an airplane I am working on.

Here are my questions:

Will the receiver alone (without a CB210/220) be able to handle 8 HV servos. I am a sport flyer that does some basic maneuvers. I would not describe myself as an aggressive 3D pilot

My next question is about receiver battery. The Jeti battery packs are Li-Ion (7.2v) and they come with the mpx connector. My other choice is a 2s LiPo (8.4v). Does it matter? I do not expect I will notice torque/speed difference in my servos using one vs the other.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2021, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia_hdman
Hi,

I am still new to Jeti systems. I have only configured one helicopter so far.

Now I want to get a 12 REX Assist EPC receiver for an airplane I am working on.

Here are my questions:

Will the receiver alone (without a CB210/220) be able to handle 8 HV servos. I am a sport flyer that does some basic maneuvers. I would not describe myself as an aggressive 3D pilot

My next question is about receiver battery. The Jeti battery packs are Li-Ion (7.2v) and they come with the mpx connector. My other choice is a 2s LiPo (8.4v). Does it matter? I do not expect I will notice torque/speed difference in my servos using one vs the other.

Thanks
It really depends on what you're putting those 8 servo into. If they are going into something like a warbird with relatively small control surfaces and throws a single receiver should be fine. If they are going into something like a 120cc class aerobatic airplane with multiple servos per aileron, etc the some sort of power distribution system such as a central box may be in order. So the bottom line is "it depends".

As the Lion vs Lipo, it's entirely up to you. I prefer Lipos as they can usually handle the required loads with smaller lighter packs than Lions as they often have a higher "C" rating than Lions.
Nov 27, 2021, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
In my case it is a 70cc biplane (Extreme Flight Muscle Bipe 85"). Not designed for hard 3D. Rather big sky aerobatic maneuvers. four aileron servos, two elevator servos, one rudder servo, and one throttle servo.

I'm guessing that is border line. But to be safe, another $250 for a CB210 seems like a no brainer.

Thanks
Nov 27, 2021, 02:30 PM
I've never had any issues in any 50-60cc sized airplanes with a single receiver no matter how hard they were flown so my guess is that you've be Ok.. Still, if you feel more comfortable with a Central Box go for it but last I heard Esprit was not recommending the use of Assist receiver with a Central Box. I've used Assists with a CB200 myself and it works fine but if not extremely careful with the setup of the Assist failover doesn't work, etc. It all works properly when everything is done correctly but it is easy to get something wrong that will cause problems which is why I suspect they don't recommend it.
Nov 28, 2021, 07:23 AM
Thread OP
Harry Curzon made a detailed video about setting up assist with a CB. He addresses the failsafe setup issue that you describe. Thanks for the input

Quick Reply