Nov 29, 2021, 11:15 AM
Trader Rating: 108
You're only as old as you feel
That's fine, no problem here. Some people thrive on solitude. It's a simpler life, far less drama. Social skills do get rusty that way though, evidently.
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 29, 2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Edited on my own, to preserve FL just the way it is
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2021, 11:29 AM
Trader Rating: 111
I'm happy where I am at. Was born here. It's peaceful here.
Nov 29, 2021, 11:45 AM
Sounds great
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 29, 2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Edited on my own to preserve FL just the way it is
Nov 29, 2021, 12:26 PM
Trader Rating: 62
Wow, GPS is starting early this year. Go build and turn off the talking heads on that help sell advertising.
Latest blog entry: Zugvogel IIIa
Nov 29, 2021, 12:56 PM
Cold weather doesn't stop us from flying. Here we don't have to worry about wild storms like you guys. All we get here is cold weather. And that is easy to deal with.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 01:14 PM
c06u
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while c06u edits it.
Nov 30, 2021, 08:29 AM
Trader Rating: 90
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky732
Question about the PayPal, IRS thing. From what I read and heard in some videos. They say that if you put at lease $600.00 in your PayPal account then they report it to the IRS. Is this true? What if it is not profit, but your putting some of your earn money from your job into to the PP account. And how about linking your debit card to your PayPal account and paying for things that way. There are so many other questions. Here's one Amazon gift cards. Don't need ID. So is Amazon going to report you to?
No, what they said was, if you have $600.00 or more in your bank accounts, or you have incoming cash of $600.00 or more for the year, it will be reported to the IRS, who will look into how that income was generated and if all or nay of it is taxable. They have to justify hiring 80,000 more IRS personel. This will include bank accounts, Paypal, Ebay already does it or at least they started charging tax on all transactions, so I'm sure they are reporting any sales you make on Ebay to the IRS. We are just going from a honor tax system to a monitored system of taxing.

But there may be a glimmer of hope here, they have shown signs of backing off of the $600.00 balance rule and extending it to $10,000.00 balance. But we all know how that changes like "the Bill won't cost a thing, Zero".

But I have me a shoe box that I started a couple of months ago for all my model building receipts such as a $200.00 fitting package I ordered from Cornwall, a $60.00 solder fume extractor, $100.00 worth of building materials, $60.00 soldering iron to show my losses and my gains.
Nov 30, 2021, 08:32 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky732
I'm happy where I am at. Was born here. It's peaceful here.
Well I'm happy for you brother, I'm pretty content living in central Florida where I have been most of my life. I call it God's country. I woke up this morning to low 50's and clear blue sky and as it was yesterday as well.
Nov 30, 2021, 04:36 PM
Shhhhh.......I already deleted our local weather report on this thread twice.
We don't want everyone coming down here unless they know how to smile and be upbeat.
Note to self, no more beach photos. I'm going back outside again. I can't get enough of this!

Meanwhile, back up in Queensbury....some guy tried to get in a second flight, and this happened....

Nov 30, 2021, 04:51 PM
Being controlled.
Last edited by chucky732; Nov 30, 2021 at 06:41 PM.
Nov 30, 2021, 05:34 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
I know I'm weak when it comes to cold weather. Anything below the mid thirties and I'm hugging the house. My wife and I went to North Carolina in October one year with the intentions of staying a month. But after 2 weeks of that gloom and doom weather, we left without even a thank you and have a nice day and heqaded back south. I've never seen snow and never been in it and don't ever want to. But God bless those that do
Nov 30, 2021, 06:27 PM
Trader Rating: 173
Build a scale plane already!!!
We get it, it's not for everyone,, I lived in So Cal for the first 43 years of my life, I'm used to real winter now,, it takes a while for your skin to thicken up,, today it warmed up to the low 40's,,, for us that sweatshirt weather this time of year,, Supposed to be in the mid 50's in a couple days,, we may go play outdoor golf

I'll take wearing warm cloths for a couple months over that traffic, congestion, the high cost of living and high crime rates any day..

Meanwhile Sales on the site looks like they're going on as normal,,, no sense for all the doom and gloom thoughts,,
Nov 30, 2021, 10:56 PM
Trader Rating: 224
Village Wizard
Thread OP
Sales may be as normal, to you.

I must say you can't ship a damned thing very cheap these days, that has gotten ridiculous. It is $12 to do 1 1/2 pounds, a.40 sized engine, via Priority...totally NUTS IMO!
Dec 01, 2021, 07:13 AM
Trader Rating: 173
Build a scale plane already!!!
Cost of Glow Fuel is Nuts if you ask me

All the issues you mention don't seem to be slowing down buyers and sellers,, even with small engines,,, https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-fu...&prefixid=Sold
Dec 01, 2021, 02:21 PM
I gave Graves RC a call today, (Orlando FL)
$15.59 for Omega 5% glow fuel.
Omega 10%, $18.89.
Cruel Power mix 15%, $21.89. I'm stocked up with 15 gallons @ $11.89 a gallon.

As far as the speed in which transactions close on this forum today, it's not an accurate representation for the entire year. Whether I like it or not (and I don't), Ebay is always showing me my "sales performance" between this year and last. I've double up my listings to dump everything, in spite of that, my sales are half of last year. Gloom indeed. You can find my last transaction in my ratings and see what people give away, so yeah, things move when you do that.
2 strokes are priced like paperweights. So Eugene is spot on and I'm in the same boat. I just don't worry about it since I am well stocked on glow fuel and I'm not anxious to dump glow fast as others to buy another lipo or gas engine. I'm not having a fire sale to avoid a $30/gal price. FL is awesome that way.

Similarly, your experience in CA is like Elon Musk, he also disliked CA too. His cost to uproot and get out was quite an expense! CA isn't for everyone, we get it. But that experience and moving to OH, and adjusting to the elements? That's not a fair assessment for the rest of the country, is it? Upstate NY or NH or central MA are different from OH. NY has VERY high taxes, costly housing, and the temperatures are very low with lots of snow fall. From sweatshirts to heavy winter coats next month, heating fuel costs are insane. 4+ months of every year you're limited, and it's not easy.

Travel in snow can be dangerous and cripple your commute time. No such thing here unless you can't drive in rain? Sweatshirts and golf sounds fun. In FL, you'd be comfortable in a T shirt, next week in the 80's, you could get a tan. Go charter a boat, catch fish, scuba dive in the Keys? The list of recreation available to everyone here, goes far beyond swinging a club. Sure, every place has it's downside, like July - Aug too hot for me to be out high noon. That's a short list and the advantages far outweigh them. I see Ohio tags down here a lot. 1000 people a day every day, are moving here. I guess they did their research comparing where they lived to here the same way - better weather, recreation, affordable living, low taxes and housing costs, beach, fishing, Daytona, festivals, car shows, air shows, Jeep trails, out door living year round, combined with more freedom ignoring mandates, is a win win win. (See what I did there?)
This area on the east coast, I never see traffic or congestion, low crime rates are a fact, and I go to the beach frequently, more than I fly RC.
I promised no beach shots.

Quick Reply