Nov 30, 2021, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Not for nothing, but people hack new tech all the time. I'm just curious how your idea for new calibers and "smart guns" is better than what's been presented thusfar and has been almost universally beat down.
Never said my idea was better I said it was worth looking at. Electronic gun ID would be another thing to look at. Many tech ideas fail after many tries before they are successful.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe
Reagan outlawed open carry because people were afraid of black panthers with rifles. The laws still stands.
What open carry law are you referencing? “New ammo” definition please.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
What open carry law are you referencing? “New ammo” definition please.
Do your own googling if you are interested what Reagan did as governor of CA and gun laws he implemented . New ammo would be designed so it only works in new guns, should not be hard to implement lockout ammo tech. Lockout tech is developed for consumables all the time.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Reagan outlawed open carry because people were afraid of black panthers with rifles. The laws still stands.
Yes that was the Mulford bill. It is a good law in California 1967. that was in my gun safety class I was in as a kid in the 70's. There is no reason anybody needs to walk around with a loaded gun on public streets.
It was started because the black panthers walked into the capital with guns locked and loaded. That was approved by the D & R along with the NRA.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmnstr
Yes that was the Mulford bill. It is a good law in California 1967. that was in my gun safety class I was in as a kid in the 70's. There is no reason anybody needs to walk around with a loaded gun on public streets.
It was started because the black panthers walked into the capital with guns locked and loaded. That was approved by the D & R along with the NRA.
We agree a good law, but at the time seemed to be racially motivated. Result was good for all however IMO.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:47 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Do your own googling if you are interested what Reagan did as governor of CA and gun laws he implemented . New ammo would be designed so it only works in new guns, should not be hard to implement lockout ammo tech. Lockout tech is developed for consumables all the time.
Yeah, I’m thinking that wouldn’t be compatible with NATO. Walk that dog for me.

Further smart gun testing reflected a higher failure rate than standard weapons. Wouldn’t want to be the cop having a misfire.

You must be referencing the Milford Act. The one supported by both parties and the NRA.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:50 AM
Quote:
We agree a good law, but at the time seemed to be racially motivated. Result was good for all however IMO.
if it were racially motivated it would have been only for the blacks only . It applied to everybody.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Never said my idea was better I said it was worth looking at. Electronic gun ID would be another thing to look at. Many tech ideas fail after many tries before they are successful.
Interesting. So when the .gov mandated the switch from analog television to digital, literally everyone was eligible for free receivers (2) to offset the burden of the new rule. In your plan, will every citizen get 2 free guns to offset the burden caused by the new regulations?
Nov 30, 2021, 12:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Interesting. So when the .gov mandated the switch from analog television to digital, literally everyone was eligible for free receivers (2) to offset the burden of the new rule. In your plan, will every citizen get 2 free guns to offset the burden caused by the new regulations?
Great question. But he speaks in bumper stickers. I wouldn’t expect a cogent response. I certainly haven’t gotten one.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:55 AM
Quote:
From what I remember the biggest failure was , The Governments involvement and control of the devises. The same fear as "Turning off communication" to the people. They could "Turn off" the guns when wanted .
Nov 30, 2021, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
You're right. I'm bad. I don't care very much about inner city gangstas getting shot. I care about innocent children getting shot. Crazy huh? Like the 999 children killed or injured last year.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/children-killed
Your answer makes no sense at all. Innocent children are getting shot by inner city gangstas killing inner city
gangstas. That would be the same 7% of people that are responsible for about 75% of all the gun crimes being committed. No one is talking about solving THAT problem.. All anyone talks about when it comes to gun violence is banning certain guns from legal, responsible gun owners, confiscating guns from legal, responsible gun owners or making it more difficult for legal, responsible gun owners to purchase firearms or carry them in order to protect themselves from the gangstas that you seem to believe only kill other gangstas. None of which is going to solve the problem of innocent inner city children, who you claim to care so much about, being killed.
On that subject, who are these gangstas that you say you don’t care if they get shot. By other gangstas. Who frequently miss the gangstas they’re trying to shoot. And kill innocent children. Could you provide us with a detailed description. I would say that it’s more than obvious, but some people may not know who the term “gangstas “ commonly refers to.
Last edited by dynodude; Nov 30, 2021 at 01:46 AM. Reason: …….
Nov 30, 2021, 01:10 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmnstr
if it were racially motivated it would have been only for the blacks only . It applied to everybody.
People were outraged by black panthers with guns. There is a difference between racially motivated vs racially targeted.
Nov 30, 2021, 06:07 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
They have tried registrations for guns before. They were shot down in the courts.

My guns are in a safe with a biometric lock. If a person wants that they can get it but it can't be mandated.
Nov 30, 2021, 06:16 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
According to the law open carry was not outlawed. It was that the gun could not be loaded. You could carryba gun and ammo though. At least that was what I read on it.

Quote:
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms.
Nov 30, 2021, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
You're right. I'm bad. I don't care very much about inner city gangstas getting shot. I care about innocent children getting shot. Crazy huh? Like the 999 children killed or injured last year.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/children-killed
https://gunmemorial.org/
Go here and do a search in any major city and look up children, teens, and women. It has pictures, so the victims are easily identified. If you look, you will probably notice a single characteristic of most of the victims.
Do you think the attitude expressed in your statement is part of the solution or part of the problem? I would say the latter.

Quick Reply