Nov 24, 2021, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Roban SH-60 tail

Hey Guys,
Im new to the group and need a little help. Ive purchase a Roban SH60 and absolutely love it..BUT from what i hear the mechanics on it suck. Well i have to work for a living and only use my OT money for my hobby. what can i do to ensure the 45* gear box wont fail on me an put a $2500 Helo in the earth??
Ive already started the weathering, put covering on the seat, installed fire Ext and fisrt aide bags, just going 100% scale.

Thanks
Randy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2022, 10:27 AM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwannR
Hey Guys,
Im new to the group and need a little help. Ive purchase a Roban SH60 and absolutely love it..BUT from what i hear the mechanics on it suck. Well i have to work for a living and only use my OT money for my hobby. what can i do to ensure the 45* gear box wont fail on me an put a $2500 Helo in the earth??
Ive already started the weathering, put covering on the seat, installed fire Ext and fisrt aide bags, just going 100% scale.

Thanks
Randy
I saved for months to buy a 360 so I feel your pain.

Since you would have to rip it apart to inspect anything I would measure the slop/play
in the tail drive line as a fresh build, and then keep a log. Worthless data until you have a failure.
Your best bet is to figure out where SH60 owners hang out and post.

[EDIT]
Something else that could maybe help is to practice autos. If the tail fails, just hit TH and then auto in. Easier said than done.
It would be tricky with a heavy scale model, but boy would you have a story to tell if you got it right.
Last edited by Steve_; Jan 24, 2022 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply